Windows 1903 update. Computer Freezes. Help!

Reaction score
Since the Windows 1903 update a couple of days ago, my computer screen turns black when I leave it un-attended for 20 minutes or so. If I press escape on the keyboard, the desktop re-appears but is frozen. I have to press the power button on the side of the monitor to turn off. Also if I am playing a youtube etc videos after a while the screen freezes.

I have updated all drivers and tinkered with power options but neither has helped. No restore point is available. It also says the update was more than 10 days ago so I can't restore to an earlier version.

Here's details of my system: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 8.00 B (7.88 GB usable)
System type: 64 bit Operating System, x64 based processor.

I am hoping someone can help. I am not particularly computer saavy so hopefully there is a simple fix. Thank you.

Reaction score
If you type the command below in a run box, it will display a graph and then you can click on certain items to find the cause. Maybe it will lead to a possible culprit.

perfmon /rel

Reaction score
Thank you. Thisis a very interesting graph. I discovered no issues exist which was good to know.

Side Note: there must be a space between perfmon and the / for this to work.

Ask a Question