SOLVED Firstime File Association Freakin' Fiasco

Bif

Reaction score
Weeeeell....after bootup this afternoon, all of my "custom" user file associations have reverted back to the Grand Poobahs native apps, but it gets even better!...after going into settings/ default apps and even by file type, once changed to my choices the icons in settings and even files on my desktop,although opening with the app of choice fail to show/display the correct icon for said app.
I've tried refreshing the desktop to no avail...files in various folder like pdfs,mp3s and videos are also not showing the correct icon but still display MSs native apps icons well.
I should add, that I did restart after making the changes.
Any Ideeee-ers?...or is it time for the Scotch?

Bif

Reaction score
Update!
Using the pictured method worked, finally!...hope it sticks!
Untitled.jpg

Bif

Reaction score
Probably until the next major update / upgrade.:)
I count myself lucky, as I've not run into this issue until now...but I to cringe at every new update/upgrade...The Scotch is poured, Cheers Trouble!...wishing you a great weekend!:)

Reaction score
I'm seriously contemplating to defer the April update, but, knowing how MS operates the defer switch is most likely a placebo.

Ask a Question