Flashing Screen?

Reaction score
After starting install of windows 10 screen is now flashing, can not do anything!

Reaction score
I can't take credit for this but it is a fix that worked for me. Someone by the user name of NualaMa at PC Adviser suggested this and it worked for me and others. I felt like I needed to pass this on because I know your anguish. One thing is, though, you will have to figure out how to boot into safe mode, which took me a while to figure out. Google it if you need to know how to do that. Anyhow here's NualaMa's suggestion which I cut and paste. Good luck!

"There is a simple fix

Open task manager ... under file (top left) "Run new task" ... type msconfig (yes it is hard to type as screen blinks, but it can be done) ... In the new box that opens (it may be behind the task manager box) go to Service Tab .... Scroll until you find 2 tasks that need to be stopped ... (1) Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support .... (2) Windows Error Report Service.... Disable these by unchecking .... Click Apply ... Click OK ... If you are prompted to restart, then restart computer .....

This is the main issue causing the screen to blink . .. Ironic that the items causing the errors are the solutions designed to report errors to microsoft"

Ask a Question