Stuck At Black Flashing Screen After Log In

Reaction score
Today when I started my computer I logged in and after than I get a black screen with my cursor and desk bar flickering and can't do anything. When I press ctrl all delete and go to task manager it says nothing is running. Please help. I can't click anywhere or do anything except start up the task manager..

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I logged in and after than I get a black screen with my cursor and desk bar flickering and can't do anything.
Don't log in.
Use the power button on the login screen combined with holding the shift key to restart your computer in safe mode.
This is sort of an example it just uses the normal power option button and you need to use the one on the login screen.
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/
Follow the bouncing ball and choose #4 from the menu when you get to it. (Plain old safe mode)

I suspect that you have a driver issue, with your GPU and suggest that you take steps to address that by checking with
Your computer manufacturer's website especially if it is a laptop.
OR
Your motherboard manufacturer's website if it is integrated
OR
Your specific GPU manufacturer's website if it is an addin card

Ask a Question