Flashing Screen

Reaction score
I tried upgrading last august from windows 7 and encountered the dreaded flashing screen. it was not all that easy to revert to windows 7 with a minimally unresponsive computer but i managed to do it. Question - Has this issue been resolved and will I encounter the same problem again if I try the upgrade again? Windows 7 is working fine on my desktop HP and I really don't want to deal with the hassle again. JoeD

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Joe and welcome to the forum.
Good question.
Since last August the available installation media has been upgraded from build 10240 to build 10586 (Version 1511 November Update). There were a lot of improvements in that build, but....
As to whether or not it includes anything that might address your particular problem it would be difficult to say without knowing what the problem might have been.... (possibly a GPU driver issue?).
IF you are considering giving it another go, then I would strongly suggest some serious advanced preparation. Specifically, backing up all your critical data to external storage media and.....
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/
Let us know how what you decide and how you get on.
Regards
Randy

Reaction score
Well, thanks for your reply Randy. And with that, although I know MS wants me to upgrade I would just as soon stick with W7 until I purchase a new computer. there really is no need to fix what is not broke. restore last time did recover all my data but i dont need the hassle. thanks, joe

Ask a Question