flickering or blinking horizontal lines at top of screen

Reaction score
Hi, I really hope someone here can help me with this, it is turning me nuts. :)

I have an Asus desktop, with AMD chipset, and a Dell screen. I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, a few months ago. At the top of my screen there is a few lines flickering, it looks like a toolbar trying to pop up, as there is some structure in it. The flickering (or blinking) also reacts on mouse movement, and when the mouse hovers over a link on a website. Then there is a change in frequency.

When I upgraded, AMD tried to install Raptr which I did not allow, I erased it once before since it is disturbing other programs and invasive when I don't want it. There was also a ASÚS toolbar that I took away since it was popping up etc. without any use at all to me. It may well be related to this unwanted software.

After all that, I cannot find out what causes the flicker. Is there a way to solve it?
Mark

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Restarting the computer takes the problem away for a while: my mental health is no longer in danger, I am just mildly annoyed.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
MarVelFenix (Neat name, by the way) you might want to check on an Asus helpsite. This could be a hardware problem in which your laptop screen has a loose wire. I used to write on an Acer helpsite, and this came up a few times.

Ask a Question