SOLVED Flight Sim Yoke stopped Working

Reaction score
Since the Windows Creators update, my Saitek Flight Sim Yoke has stopped working. When the USB is plugged in the LCD display no longer lights up and the yoke no longer appears in the Device manager lists. I have tried re-installing the drivers, but they fail to complete installation at the point when the USB is plugged in, but not detected. I have tried the device on a PC running Windows 8, and it still doesn't work (it used to work on windows 8 and windows 10). I have also tried it on a Windows 7 system and it works without problems. Any suggestions please.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm not a gamer.

If it works on Windows 7, but not 8 or 10, have you considered installing the game in compatibility mode to run in Windows 7 mode?

Reaction score
The problem is not with the game (FSX) which works fine, but with the controller, which the system is not detecting when it is plugged in.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you tried an alternate USB port then?

Or tried dumping all USB ports via Device Manager, then restarting computer so they can automatically be reset.

Reaction score
Just uninstalled all USB ports and restaretd Windows. All back to normal. Thanks

Ask a Question