SOLVED Follow-up on a post that I had marked solved

Reaction score
My apologies please,
I had a post inquiring about an HP desktop and have one more ? if I may please. Will the 256 G SSD eventually run out of space even if I use the included 1T drive for all documents and such for storage. Or will Windowds-10 clean itself of un-needed files as time passes. I know this is a weird ?, but I need to know before I order PC. HP wants an arm and a leg to upgrade to 512 and 1T in a custom build. PC In Question, sorry to be so inept, Thanks for any and all advice...Jim

Reaction score
You can open settings, then go to "Storage" (in the left column). You can turn on "Storage Sense" from there. You might want to click right underneath it were it says "Configure Storage Sense or run it now", to configure what folders and such you want cleaned, and how often. That will automatically free up space.

Reaction score
You can open settings, then go to "Storage" (in the left column). You can turn on "Storage Sense" from there. You might want to click right underneath it were it says "Configure Storage Sense or run it now", to configure what folders and such you want cleaned, and how often. That will automatically free up space.
Thank you ...

Reaction score
I had a 256Gb SSD in my old machine. I moved the Downloads folder to the other drive. I don't keep pictures and I use disk cleanup every month or so.

Over several years it settled down to between 110 and 120 Gb FREE. So you will be OK. If you store music and pictures then move the Pictures directory as well and maybe the music directory.

I have never used Storage sense and neither do I clean up my Downloads folder...that is big.

Reaction score
I had a 256Gb SSD in my old machine. I moved the Downloads folder to the other drive. I don't keep pictures and I use disk cleanup every month or so.

Over several years it settled down to between 110 and 120 Gb FREE. So you will be OK. If you store music and pictures then move the Pictures directory as well and maybe the music directory.

I have never used Storage sense and neither do I clean up my Downloads folder...that is big.

Is it a matter of just dragging them ( Downloads, pics and or folders to the other drive, or is it more complicated than that. I suppose there might be an option as always where to save future files, Right? Please thanks...

Reaction score
Reaction score
Just for formality - Mark the thread as solved. - Helps a little for the browsers.

Ask a Question