SOLVED FREEZE!

Bif

Reaction score
Well after a few months of nothing to report as of problems with 10,this morning I boot the system up as normal and all hell breaks loose.EVERYTHING freezes and becomes completely unresponsive to mouse,control/alt/delete,right click,left click and so on...I haven't downloaded anything that I know of as far as updates and or software.Scanned my system and its clean,ran sfc/scannow and check disc and all is good from the results...I checked my event logs and there are a huge number of the same critical errors..and to be honest it's all Greek to me.Perhaps someone can elaborate on or decipher the errors.I was forced to shut down with the power button as there was now other way..
Cheers in advance!
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Looks to be a conflict with your printer drivers. Maybe try uninstalling and re installing them.

Bif

Reaction score
How interesting...as I don't have a printer nor ever installed said drivers..
I will take a look see for them and uninstall them.
Thanks so much for the reply!

Bif

Reaction score
Any details on exactly what I should uninstall and reinstall?? The only print drivers I have are MS.
Anybody?

Reaction score
Open a command prompt (Admin) and copy and paste this:

for /F "tokens=*" %1 in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO wevtutil.exe cl "%1"

This will totally clear the event logs.

reboot and post another picture of the event errors.

Bif

Reaction score
Open a command prompt (Admin) and copy and paste this:

for /F "tokens=*" %1 in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO wevtutil.exe cl "%1"

This will totally clear the event logs.

reboot and post another picture of the event errors.

Well deleted the log history and here is what is listed post re-boot...

Capture.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
Capture.JPG
1.JPG

Reaction score
Could you go down and highlight one of the Task Scheduler Warning lines and double click on it. Then take a picture or copy what it shows.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Phew. Saltgrass's suggestion might indicate something useful, but, basically, it looks like you are heading for a restore or repair. Could be that startup has encountered a file which is too long to accept (over 127 characters), but, if you cannot get into anything, or boot into safe mode, I cant see a way to fix it. Are you able to run a reapier from a full Windows 10 device?

Bif

Reaction score
Could you go down and highlight one of the Task Scheduler Warning lines and double click on it. Then take a picture or copy what it shows.

Hi it be...
@DAVE...I have downloaded the Win 10 ISO...can I run a repair from there if need be?...I didn't make recovery media.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
I suppose I got the impression Media Center was no longer available in Windows 10, but I never tried to reinstall it after the upgrade removed it.

But whatever, you seem to have a task running causing constant problems. If you think it is normal for your system to have it running, you might try disabling it for a while to see if the errors disappear.

Open Task Scheduler by Winkey+R and entering taskschd.msc and hit enter. The Task Scheduler should open. Drill down to the Microsoft - Windows - Media Center and see if you have that task. I don't have media center and I don't show that task, assuming I am looking at the correct location.

Right click on the task and see if you can disable it. Remember where it is in case you want to go back and re-enable. I do not know if this is related to some other problems, but it should not hurt to stop the warning messages if possible. Do you have the file at Windows\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe?

Bif

Reaction score
I no longer have Media Center on my machine,it must be breadcrumbs left over from the upgrade...damn you MS!...I will dig into the innards and see if I can find and disable it.
Will post post with results..either good or bad..
Thanks Salty!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This looks like one of those things that will just disappear like magic when you least expect it. Hang tough Biff. Clean up and eradicate malware seems like a plan but you probably already did that.

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
This looks like one of those things that will just disappear like magic when you least expect it. Hang tough Biff.
I have disabled EVERYTHING "Media Centre" in Task Scheduler,strange as hell (but not surprising) that MS decides to omit it from 10 but leaves all of the crap files behind..
Hangin' tough Dan99...hangin' tough!

Bif

Reaction score
I edited my post to include a reminder to cleanup and debug.
Done!
and I can report that it seems like a new machine after disabling the Media Centre crap to what it was yesterday...fingers crossed!
Muchly appreciated again folks!

Bif

Reaction score
This looks like one of those things that will just disappear like magic when you least expect it. Hang tough Biff. Clean up and eradicate malware seems like a plan but you probably already did that.

Is it a save venture to let Ccleaner delete my Old Windows Installation folder?...could this perhaps solve my remnant Media Centre issues?...is a biggie of a folder but VERY hesitant to delete.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
You only need that if you wish to revert to your former Windows OS and it will be removed automatically after 30 days anyway.

Bif

Reaction score
Are we talking 7 or the last build of 10?..because if it's 7 it's been there then since July 29th...if it's the last cumulative update that changed the 10 build to the latest then it has not been 30 days as of yet.

Reaction score
If deleting Media Center helped, we can work on the other things. Don't get overly aggressive and allow some cleaner to remove some part of your registry that is actually needed.

If the Warnings have ceased, we can work on the Service Manger but it does seem to be related to some type of printer situation. It may also be a holdover from the prior install and related to an HP special utility. Perhaps posting the same info you did for Task Scheduler for the ServiceControlManager Event ID 7000 and or 7009 might help.

Ask a Question