SOLVED FREEZE!

Reaction score
Are we talking 7 or the last build of 10?..because if it's 7 it's been there then since July 29th...if it's the last cumulative update that changed the 10 build to the latest then it has not been 30 days as of yet.
Yes, the old 7 installation should have been removed automatically, the old Windows 10 installation would still be there. And Ccleaner is not just "some generic cleaner" it, as you well know, is the preferred tool for this task. If you are unsure just message Trouble to verify.

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
If deleting Media Center helped, we can work on the other things. Don't get overly aggressive and allow some cleaner to remove some part of your registry that is actually needed.

If the Warnings have ceased, we can work on the Service Manger but it does seem to be related to some type of printer situation. It may also be a holdover from the prior install and related to an HP special utility. Perhaps posting the same info you did for Task Scheduler for the ServiceControlManager Event ID 7000 and or 7009 might help.

I haven't "deleted" Media Centre I only disabled them in task scheduler ... it definitely is running better now but there are still a host of errors critical and other wise..
Here are the events that you asked for..

3.JPG
5.JPG

Reaction score
I would download a HDD test from your HDD manufacturer and run that also. This rules out a hardware fault. I have worked on systems that were unresponsive and running very sluggish that turned out to be a failing HDD. It's a free test and something to rule out.

Reaction score
setupar service is associated with realtek software.

It is quite an old service, and possibly carried over from your previous OS.

You may find it here

C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\SetupAfterRebootService.exe

If it is not mentioned under the startup tab in the task manager, then, what I would do, is (if you can find it) move the whole folder somewhere safe and reboot, to see if the error persists. If that leads to more problems, it could be put back.
I had a look at my wife's computer (Windows 7) and it is in her Program files (x86)

Reaction score
Along with Dave's comments, I saw a note stating if the file was located in the System32 folder it might be a virus. But otherwise, I do not show it on my Windows 10 system which has Realtek audio.

If you have installed and or run CCleaner, the latest version of course, it may have the ability to pick and choose which registry entry to remove. If it does, you might be able to remove references to the problems you are finding on your system. I would not recommend downloading any utilities from CNet.

Another utility which I use is called Autoruns and put out by Microsoft and SysInternals. You can go to that site and download it. This utility, when run as Admin, will show all the programs starting on your system and show where they are being started. It then gives you the ability to disable for testing and removing if needed.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals

Bif

Reaction score
Well...in the infinite chaos that is so often MS...after the latest offering of yesterday it's purring like a content kitten.
I do still have some of the errors but at this point I think I'm going to leave well enough alone and go along my happy way.
Thanks all again for schooling me in this,I'm now just a tad smarter than I was yesterday!..
Continuing to thirst for knowledge I will mark this post as solved.

Cheers

Reaction score
That is what I meant earlier by suggesting that you simply hang tough and there would be a magical solution. The big updates usually fix anything I have broken or was broken by unknown entities. Anything I removed is replaced too, like IE for example but this time it is still turned off.

Ask a Question