Freezes up and Blue screen.

BML

Reaction score
I first came into contact with computers in 1989 when Apple computers were introduced into the offices of the newspaper that I worked for. That was before Murdoch made his breakout so all we could use them for was as a messaging device between managers. I next came into contact with computers in 1990 when I moved to an American company but even then there use was limited. By that time I was 54 and I very gradually started to learn how to use a computer primarily as a word processor but I received absolutely no formal instruction on computing.
That is precisely the opposite to the level of knowledge I absorbed when I served the craft apprenticeship that I started my working life with and it is a level of knowledge that I assume most young people today have in computing.
There is not the slightest chance that I will ever achieve the level of understanding of computing that I achieved of building construction which is where I served my craft apprenticeship and I will never achieve the level of understanding of computing that say a 20 year old can achieve today.
The problem with this situation is that I think in the thought processes of building construction where I served my apprenticeship where if one telephoned a builders merchant and asked for 10 bags of cement, 10 pounds of 6" nails etc that was precisely what one expected and normally it was precisely what one received.
That does not appear to be what happens when one decides to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I find it confusing and I don't have sufficient time to develop those skills which is why my inclination is to either go back to Windows 7 or buy an Apple.

BML

Reaction score
I have no idea where it came from but when I opened up the computer this evening I found a brown picture which looked like a loudspeaker on the bar running along the screen bottom.

I clicked onto to it and the device below came up. I connected the loudspeakers and cassette as per the picture I sent to you previously, played around with the information on the device and I now have music although as its Traditional Jazz my wife won't like.

upload_2016-1-28_23-21-10.png

I told my computer adviser who replied. "The Brown/Gold speaker icon in the System Tray would have been a result of the Realtek Audio drivers I added during the remote session on Tuesday.. it was this I wanted to play with on next visit when I had access to the tape unit, hence why I asked you to plug it in and see if just worked.. but you've now cracked it by messing with its settings. Excellent news my friend. I will file this problem away at my end as now resolved. Realtek Audio drivers. So, I can't be fairer than to say, "That's most satisfactory."

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-28_23-18-38.png
    upload_2016-1-28_23-18-38.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 501

Ask a Question