From 8.1 to 10 upgrade issues

Reaction score
A number of laptops are having issues upgrading from 8.1 to 10. The laptops are ALL the same Lenovo B590 laptops model 6274.

A few of them have upgraded to 10 without issues, however 3 of the laptops are not upgrading due to the following...
"display not being compatible". The display drivers are Intel ( R ) HD Graphics 4000.

I am doing further research, but any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks.

Reaction score
You might keep in mind the Intel video is on the processor. Are all the processors on the systems the same?

What I normally do with video drivers is uninstall the Display Adapter in the Device Manager. When I do that I select the remove all drivers option.

After uninstalling, the Microsoft Basic Video Driver will be loaded after which I will reboot the system and allow Win 10 to install the new Intel drivers. You can check the version of the new Intel drivers and compare them to the other systems.

I suppose something else which comes to mind, I have seen systems with the same model number which may have subtle differences as to some devices which may have been changed in one version. If only a couple of your systems are having problems, there may be such a change on those.

Ask a Question