Upgrade issues

Reaction score
Unable to install the Creators Update. A scan of the system indicates I have corrupted files which can't be fixed. I have tried running DISM to clean-up and repair. This does not work as the present ISO download is a different version to the version I am running which is OS build 14393.1737. The present ISO does not contain an 'install.wim' file but instead has an 'install.eds' file. Where can I locate an ISO file with 'install.wim' file?

Reaction score
.wim was a vista imaging file, Vista is no longer supported by MS so I doubt you will find it on any of the current Win 10 ISO's.

Reaction score
HI Mike,

follow the links on this thread and create a bootable USB (or DVD):

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-to-the-latest-version.13015/ :)
Thanks for the reply Wolfie. I tried to upgrade using both methods - USB and DVD. The upgrade failed in both instances. The upgrade gets to approx. 75% complete and crashes to a black screen. After a forced shutdown, the system reboots and continues with the update until it reaches 87%, at which point the update freezes. After another forced shutdown, the system restores my previous version of windows. I also have some corrupted files which Dism is unable to repair, presumably this is related to the upgrade installation difficulties? Following my latest attempt today to install the upgrade, I received the following error code: 0xC1900101-0x4000D

Reaction score
One more solution I've had success with: with Windows running download that .iso file, store it on a USB Thumb drive, use File Explorer to Mount the file [will look like a DVD drive] and run setup.exe from there. When through with it just right-click it and Eject to make it go away just like a physical DVD.

Ask a Question