Games crash 2-10mins after launch

Reaction score
Hello, for a few weeks now I've had a problem where when I launch a game it crashes soon after. I am using a RX 5700 XT and a ryzen 5 3600 with 16gb of RAM.

Whenever these errors happen this is what it says in problem details:

windows1.png

And

windows2.png

And sometimes i get this error too
windows3.png

So far I have tried:
-Completely reinstalling Windows
- Reinstalling drivers
- Using older driver versions
-Updating BIOS
-Updating CHIPSET
-Adding TdrDelay to ragedit

I believe the error is not due to overheating as I get this error at the start of games and in games that do not require a heavy gpu load. And in the games that do use 99% of the GPU the temprature does not often go above 80.

I get this error in everygame now besides League of Legends.

If anyone can help me resolve this problem it will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi rishi02,

how many fans do you have in your PC?. Assuming you have dust filters, are they clean?. Is your PSU (Power supply unit) powerful enough for your hardware?. Did you build the PC yourself and have you done any overclocking for the either the CPU or RAM?. If you have, set BIOS/UEFI to default!.

The suggested PSU for the RX5700 XT = 550 W.

Full system specs might help?. ;)

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Reaction score
Hi rishi02,

how many fans do you have in your PC?. Assuming you have dust filters, are they clean?. Is your PSU (Power supply unit) powerful enough for your hardware?. Did you build the PC yourself and have you done any overclocking for the either the CPU or RAM?. If you have, set BIOS/UEFI to default!.

The suggested PSU for the RX5700 XT = 550 W.

Full system specs might help?. ;)

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database
I have a 600W PSU and it is a prebuilt PC the CPU came overclocked but the overclock was removed when i reset the bios but im still getting the same problem . My motherboard is PRIME B450M-A and I have 4 case fans.

Reaction score
Hi,

what RAM speed do you have?, try swopping the RAM sticks around and make sure they are in the correct slots should you have more than 2 RAM slots!. In your case, your mobo has 4 slots and if you have two sticks, they should be in A2 and B2. Then see the manual (page 17) for more info. Assuming that is the correct mobo??????. :)

E14212_PRIME_B450M-A_UM_WEB.pdf (asus.com)

Reaction score
Hi,

what RAM speed do you have?, try swopping the RAM sticks around and make sure they are in the correct slots should you have more than 2 RAM slots!. In your case, your mobo has 4 slots and if you have two sticks, they should be in A2 and B2. Then see the manual (page 17) for more info. Assuming that is the correct mobo??????. :)

E14212_PRIME_B450M-A_UM_WEB.pdf (asus.com)
Hey, my ram speed is 3200mz and the ram is in the correct slots.

Reaction score
Hi,

I assume you have 2 x 8GB RAM sticks?, take one stick out and start a game, let it run for a while, then try the other RAM stick and see if the RAM is faulty?. ;)

Is the main drive (Windows OS) SATA cable from your HSS/SSD in the correct SATA socket (SATA0 or SATA1 if you don't have SATA0)?. :)

Reaction score
Hi,

I assume you have 2 x 8GB RAM sticks?, take one stick out and start a game, let it run for a while, then try the other RAM stick and see if the RAM is faulty?. ;)

Is the main drive (Windows OS) SATA cable from your HSS/SSD in the correct SATA socket (SATA0 or SATA1 if you don't have SATA0)?. :)
861a060e6d371fa52b8c136458edd069.png

https://gyazo.com/861a060e6d371fa52b8c136458edd069

Those are my drives the ssd is the boot drive. I will try testing the RAM's but I think the problem Stems from the GPU as it also says my GPU timesout when i crash.

Reaction score
It was a new GPU i purchased the PC at the start of April
Is it under warranty?, if it is running faulty, you can ask the shop to take a look at it?.

Do you have another GPU to try out and see if that runs stable?, if it does, then it is quite possible that the GPU (RX 5700XT) is defective?.

One last thing, the following link discusses installing the latest drivers again which solved their problem!. Only use the standard Radeon settings with no boosting or overclocking!. :cool:

Solved: Re: Is the 5700XT stable now? (Nov 2020) - Page 3 - AMD Community

Reaction score
Is it under warranty?, if it is running faulty, you can ask the shop to take a look at it?.

Do you have another GPU to try out and see if that runs stable?, if it does, then it is quite possible that the GPU (RX 5700XT) is defective?.

One last thing, the following link discusses installing the latest drivers again which solved their problem!. Only use the standard Radeon settings with no boosting or overclocking!. :cool:

Solved: Re: Is the 5700XT stable now? (Nov 2020) - Page 3 - AMD Community
I tried reinstalling the drivers again, this time using DDU that fixed the kernel error 117 but i still crash, just as often with the Live kernel event 141. I will contact the people who made this PC for a possible fix as its still under Warranty for parts and Labour.

Ask a Question