SOLVED Getting used to Win10

Reaction score
I notice when I change the name of one of my Document folders, the change actually takes place internally to the folder, but the name of the folder remains the same as before. (hard to describe, I know)

For instance, when I choose to backup my daily business folders from 'This PC Documents' I regularly change the date of some folders accordingly for easy reference to daily records. Now, this new date appears correctly as the upgraded date when it is copied and viewed on to my external hard drive, but that old date remains unchanged on my PC Documents (the source).

This appears to be something new during the last couple of days, as SURELY I would have noticed this before.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I'm a tad confused. The current date and time will appear on the backup folders. I believe the date on the folders that reside on the PC are creation dates when Windows 10 set them up.
I wouldn't attempt to change Library Folder names, it may have unwanted consequences and how could you restore files from your backup to a folder that no longer existed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm a tad confused. The current date and time will appear on the backup folders. I believe the date on the folders that reside on the PC are creation dates when Windows 10 set them up.
I wouldn't attempt to change Library Folder names, it may have unwanted consequences and how could you restore files from your backup to a folder that no longer existed.
When you access the Win10 'File Explorer' and then open 'Documents This PC' you can add and name any number of sub-folders. Those folders are the ones in question here.

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any changes with Win 10. I attempted to duplicate what you said in your initial post no problems.
Make sure your permissions haven't changed on the Documents Folder(s) right click > properties > security > permissions.

Reaction score
Norton - No problem. I can't duplicate this glitch on my laptop, either. Seems to be specific to my office PC.

I'm sort of resigning myself to sit back and either stumble on a "fix" or just deal with the new world which has arrived. Have a great day.

Reaction score
Do you have the required permissions on the office PC. On the office PC do you belong to the Administrators group or is that managed by the organization?

Reaction score
Do you have the required permissions on the office PC. On the office PC do you belong to the Administrators group or is that managed by the organization?
That's a good suggestion, but I used the term "office" loosely. It's my home office; one person user.

Reaction score
I did check the security tab under 'file explorer documents' and the drop down box listed 3 choices; (1) SYSTEM, (2) my name, and (3) ADMINISTRATORS along with my name.

The SYSTEM option is highlighted.

Reaction score
Just to recap my issue, when I access the File Explorer, and select 'Documents', I open that folder in order to find the half dozen sub-folders I have created (just as I should). One is called 'active', one is called 'manuals', one is called 'misc', etc. etc. Each one of those folders also has a date included, such as 'active July 25', and/or 'manuals July 26'.

Now, when I right-click on one of those sub-folders and complete the action to 're-name' that specific folder, the name on that folder will not change. However, when I proceed to open that sub-folder, it opens as the NEWLY named folder.

This is a recent occurance, since my 'renaming' involves the change of date, and July 25 is stuck in place. I cannot get those sub-folders to change to July 28 (for instance).

Reaction score
Ahhh, sorry to have left this thread linger out there. I'm marking this problem as 'solved' due to the fact a Win10 refresh removed my problem along with my Office2007 and a bunch of other programs I was using with Win7. Many days later, I'm reloaded and [for the moment] trouble free.

Ask a Question