Getting what looks like URL links instead of comment replies in MSN articles.

Reaction score
I have also asked this question in the Microsoft forums, but I thought I would also try my luck here.

I use MSN articles, and I used to receive comments in reply to my comments that I could read and go to. Now, I am getting what looks like URL links instead of proper comment replies, as shown below. Could someone please tell me why this is happening and how I put it right?

<a class="link" href="fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5735}fast-rv3z4l" target="_blank">fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5736}fast-rv3z4l</a> replied to <a class="cwt-link" href="fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5737}fast-rv3z4l" target="_blank">fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5738}fast-rv3z4l</a>.

<div class="clamp"> fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5739}fast-rv3z4l <a href="fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5740}fast-rv3z4l" target="_self"> <div>fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5741}fast-rv3z4l</div> </a> </div>

Thanks.

HB.

Reaction score
I have also asked this question in the Microsoft forums, but I thought I would also try my luck here.

I use MSN articles, and I used to receive comments in reply to my comments that I could read and go to. Now, I am getting what looks like URL links instead of proper comment replies, as shown below. Could someone please tell me why this is happening and how I put it right?

<a class="link" href="fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5735}fast-rv3z4l" target="_blank">fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5736}fast-rv3z4l</a> replied to <a class="cwt-link" href="fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5737}fast-rv3z4l" target="_blank">fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5738}fast-rv3z4l</a>.

<div class="clamp"> fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5739}fast-rv3z4l <a href="fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5740}fast-rv3z4l" target="_self"> <div>fast-rv3z4l{fast-rv3z4l-5741}fast-rv3z4l</div> </a> </div>

Thanks.

HB.
ME TOO. Whats the fix??

Reaction score
Hi Craig,

I am still waiting for an answer on this, and when I forwarded the complaint to Microsoft, they informed me they were still dealing with it. So, at the moment, it seems to be a waiting game.

The best thing to do (as I think many others with the same complaint have done) is to send feedback to Microsoft.

To do this, open a Microsoft Edge browser. Then, click on the ‘Settings and more’ icon (the 3 horizontal dots at the top right of the Microsoft Edge browser), ‘Help and feedback’ > ‘Send feedback,’ then fill in the details and send them off.

If anybody else here finds a fix in the meantime, can you please let us have it? Thank you.

HB

Reaction score
thought I would add my 2 cents to this too as I am having the same problem. Chrome browser under win 10 - both up to date on updates and fixes. I get doing the 'feedback' submission but can find no way to directly submit for problem resolution, though luckily googling found this forum

Reaction score
only workaround I have found is click on the circle for your ID just left of and next to the box to submit a comment within the comments, then go and see if you have any replies within your article list, then click on that article and it 'should' take you to your comment and you can then see any replies there. FAR from a good workaround. Msoft/Msn have always done these comments badly and this is just about the last straw and I will find a new portal.

Reaction score
This problem has persisted for some time now and seems to be pretty widespread.

I have received an email from Microsoft that says;
---------------------------------
Hi,

Thanks again for the great feedback you shared on Jan 12, 2023:
We wanted to let you know that our team is actively looking into it and checking to see what we can do.

We'll keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, keep sharing your perspective with us! Your ideas make us better.

The Microsoft Edge Team

So, it seems as though it is a waiting game.

HB

Last edited:
Reaction score
This problem has persisted for some time now and seems to be pretty widespread.

I have received an email from Microsoft that says;
Hi,

Thanks again for the great feedback you shared on Jan 12, 2023:
We wanted to let you know that our team is actively looking into it and checking to see what we can do.

We'll keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, keep sharing your perspective with us! Your ideas make us better.

The Microsoft Edge Team

So, it seems as though it is a waiting game.

HB
Thanks for the update. So pretty much the usual MS blow off. And this is from the 'Edge' team does not sound good as it occurs on other browsers as well. This IS a msn.com commenting problem, not an Edge problem.

Reaction score
Hi Eric,

Good point! I may point that to Microsoft in another complaint so that they know the difference.

HB

Reaction score

Thanks.

HB.
I have had this problem for a couple of months now. On every browser (Edge, Chrome, FireFox and Opera) and every PC I have tried it on. The only place replies display correctly is on my Android phone but that isn't the easiest place to work with articles. I have posted on Microsoft support sites and haven't heard of any fix. It's a real PITA.

Reaction score
Well, isn't that just dandy of Microsoft? Any half decent programmer would have fixed this by now. Who is Bill Gates employing; plumbers?

Reaction score
Please, please, please. Has anybody got a fix for this problem? It is driving me nuts!

HB

They will NEVER have a fix, it's DELIBERATE! MSN is a communist website full of left wing radicals, the whole point of thier indoctrination is to just shove their narrative down your throat and not allow you to rebut anything from anyone! It's deliberated, will not be a fix, mark my words. They only want to push their narrative on the WEAK minded and not allow comments or elaberation on ANYTHING that shuts down thier goal of destroying this nation from WITHIN!

Ask a Question