Google Chrome disappearing?

Reaction score
Hi

I thought I just posted here but I don't see it, anyway, I thought I was having a problem with Chrome not opening.
However, I just discovered that it was already open but not showing?

When I tried to run CCleaner it said I had to close Chrome and after doing that it opened again and was visible.
Clicking on the Chrome Icon does not make it visible.

This happened yesterday too, but I downloaded and reinstalled it to get it working.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Mike

Reaction score
It sounds like Chrome crashed but still had a background process running. If that happens again, bring up the task manager by selecting the Ctrl Shift ESC keys at the same time. Scroll down to find the Google Chrome process. Then right click and select End Task. Then when you click the Chrome icon, it "should" launch again.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
I don't know why it does it ......I just know it happens for both Chrome and FF. My fix is to uninstall, download fresh copy and install new copy.

My guess would be some sort of corruption on Chromes end, windows update or extensions/add-on's if being used. Extensions can cause all kinds of craziness.

Reaction score
Hi

You are right, I finally found a message that Chrome was still running when I closed it and opened it again it came back.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Ask a Question