Google Chrome

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
OK...I so sick of Chrome becoming so slow to open. Chrome used to open up in 1.5 seconds or less......freaking great. Now it takes anywhere from 5 - 8 seconds to open and sometimes even longer. So I'm dumping chrome, as I just can't take it anymore.

My issue is; now that I've uninstalled it (using it own uninstaller), I still have registry strings left over. OK, so I reinstall it and then use Revouninstaller on it and still there are registry strings left over. Even tried Ccleaner registry cleaner and still there are strings left over.

So I manually try to uninstall them.....then I get error message that says: Error while deleting key. Now I stuck. How the HE@$ do I remove chrome fully and completely.

I almost said to heck with it and go for a clean install but we are so close to the next big OS update I figure I'll just wait till then if I can't get a solution to it now.

Reaction score
OK...I so sick of Chrome becoming so slow to open. Chrome used to open up in 1.5 seconds or less......freaking great. Now it takes anywhere from 5 - 8 seconds to open and sometimes even longer. So I'm dumping chrome, as I just can't take it anymore.

My issue is; now that I've uninstalled it (using it own uninstaller), I still have registry strings left over. OK, so I reinstall it and then use Revouninstaller on it and still there are registry strings left over. Even tried Ccleaner registry cleaner and still there are strings left over.

So I manually try to uninstall them.....then I get error message that says: Error while deleting key. Now I stuck. How the HE@$ do I remove chrome fully and completely.

I almost said to heck with it and go for a clean install but we are so close to the next big OS update I figure I'll just wait till then if I can't get a solution to it now.

So what will you use now? I had to give up IE, never could link Edge, just started with chrome and getting used to it so I don't notice the load time. Tries FF years ago it was an alternative to IE that had tabs. But soon IE had tabs soon too and just worked better. Netscape was great but they just couldn't compete with IE for free.

Reaction score
My Grandson (Chrome Fan) had the same issues with Chrome. He dumped it and installed Firefox. He immediately noticed the difference in in the speed of FF.

Reaction score
Edge for me as my primary, with IE as a backup.
I have never been quite au fait with the posted complaints regarding Edge. Basically, I browse and when needed print stuff. I have not a great deal of interest in add ons.

Bif

Reaction score
I only use Chrome on Android devices simply for the syncing capabilities with Google products, FF eclusivley on all PC's since the dawn of time....or thereabouts.

Reaction score
Chrome very slow. Did not use to be.
Situation;
Multiple users on one pc,Windows 10,Home. My user has sole admin privileges. Both other users have Chrome on their desktop. My Chrome has become incredibly slow,cycles on and on trying to open Gmail. Other users not so bad. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Chrome several times using windows uninstall program. Have cleared all extensions thru chrome settings. Still slow. Firefox is lightening fast in contrast.
Am I an unknowing part of a giant bitcoin farming operation?

Reaction score
Sometimes, after starting my computer and waiting for all the stuff to load up until the disk drive shows little activity ,then clicking on Google Chrome browser app, the Chrome page comes up but I am unable to access other sites or my Gmail. However, the Edge browser still seems to work when the Chrome browser is hung up. Before shutting down the computer when this happens, I have pinged Google.ca and this indicates I have access to the site. So, I restart the computer then all is well! So what is causing this issue from time to time with Chrome browser.

Ask a Question