Google Chrome Bookmarks issue

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks to a post earlier today regarding the experimental tab bubbles, for the first time in a while I opened up a Chrome browser and updated it.

Just now though I spotted something regarding bookmarking a page — lo and behold clicking the Start and selecting to save a bookmark does not actually save one anywhere at all. o_O

After some trialling a few things I uninstalled Chrome, and downloaded it from Chromes site manually - as opposed to the auto-update Chrome can do via Settings | About, and after a short wait for it to sync settings, the bookmark issue disappeared and all is well again.

So on the off chance others are saving bookmarks, but not double-checking they are in fact being saved, you might want to take a look, and if needed download Chrome manually for a new install!

Regards,

Regedit32

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Your not alone there....seems to be a thing now with Chrome and updates with some features acting oddly. I even noticed that sometimes when there is a chrome update and I manually update. It will give error message that update couldn't proceed and tells me to re-download chrome. Very odd. So I do exactly what you've done.....I grab a fresh copy and do the uninstall/reinstall of Chrome. I've been doing that for some time now.

Ask a Question