Green Screen on playing videos

Reaction score
OK finally found a fix on another forum that worked. Install AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Win 8.1. Here is the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
Even though I had a "newer" driver, when I installed this one all my green screen problems went away (My Video is AMD HD6550D).

Tried this and it worked for a time now as bad as ever. Why did MS introduce this crap without allocating proper video drivers???? Windows 10 is shit. Windows 7 and professional were good. Why fix it when it's not broken??????

Reaction score
OK finally found a fix on another forum that worked. Install AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Win 8.1. Here is the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
Even though I had a "newer" driver, when I installed this one all my green screen problems went away (My Video is AMD HD6550D).
THIS worked! Immediately! Thank you so much. I couldn't see FB videos, Netflix, streaming videos, anything. It all just seemed to stop one evening. Found this site for Windows 10, and voila! All fixed. I do find W 10, seems more confusing with their new added icons, the searching, etc... why change all that? This shouldn't have to be emoticons.
THX!!

Reaction score
THIS worked! Immediately! Thank you so much. I couldn't see FB videos, Netflix, streaming videos, anything. It all just seemed to stop one evening. Found this site for Windows 10, and voila! All fixed. I do find W 10, seems more confusing with their new added icons, the searching, etc... why change all that? This shouldn't have to be emoticons.
THX!!
Oh dear, it's happened again! what is with Windows 10? Is it going to go the way of Windows ME? That also was extremely problematic. Having to keep on repeating ... first try, would not RUN....

Reaction score
After I had upgraded to Windows 10 , I am constantly getting a green or black screen when ever I try to play any video. I get the sound but cannot see video. It has happened on YouTube , amazon videos and any other video I try to view.

What is a solution to rectify this?
THX!!

Nope.... seems every few weeks the green screen pops up again! Never had these problems with Windows 8

Reaction score
I don't know what to do anymore, the green screen problem seems to happen every 4-5 days now. Has anyone figured out how to make this stop? Is there a way to just go back to Windows 8? Never had problems then.

Reaction score
It is October 2016 with the same green screen problem after the Anniversary Update. I hope there is some new solution?

Reaction score
After I had upgraded to Windows 10 , I am constantly getting a green or black screen when ever I try to play any video. I get the sound but cannot see video. It has happened on YouTube , amazon videos and any other video I try to view.

What is a solution to rectify this?
ill cut to the chase , this is caused by video driver or a crap video card, the quick fix to rule out driver ( meaning your card is crap) is open device manager, highlight display , choose update driver, let me pick from my computrr and when the box comes up with signed drivers you should see a "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" , choose that and install, tryb your video again, if it works then good, you can try updating your proper card drivers but if windows 10 does not like them you will get green screen on .mp4 and other files..

Ask a Question