Having trouble resetting password resolution

Reaction score
Hi guys
This worked for me and may work for you . First check your Microsoft password . I know this is only helpful if you can access another computer lab top tablet or smart phone . Maybe you have a good friend who can help with this if needed . Once you have ascertained the Microsoft password is correct on the Windows 10 log in page don't put anything in the old pass word box next put in your Microsoft pass word and repeat this in the confirm pass word . Then hit enter this worked for me . Hope it helps you too. One suggestion to reset your Microsoft password if you cannot remember it and use that

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for sharing your tip on resolving password issues. It is refreshing to see a good idea rather than the numerous suggestions on search engine results to download third party utilities which claim they can recover your password for you - most of which are in fact complete garbage and best to stear clear of.

There are not many unanswered questions at the moment, but if you click New Posts you will see active threads on all sorts of topics that are not resolved yet. Feel free to contribute if you have any suggestions that may help someone in the community solve a problem.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Good tip. Sometimes when it requests password verification, leave the password field blank and hit enter works too.

Ask a Question