SOLVED Headset Microphone Not Working

Reaction score
Hello all~~

Yesterday I ran into a bit of a problem. My mic on my gaming headset (Razor Kraken) no longer wants to work. The day before yesterday it was completely fine and working like a charm.

I have an ASUS laptop, and it only has one aduio jack, thankfully my headset only needed one.

I've made sure my driver's are all (even ones that have nothing to do with aduio, don't know why) were all up to date, I've tried uninstalling my audio drivers, rebooting, and making sure they were reinstalled.

I've even tried using the generic aduio driver but that didn't so much either. And yes, I have used my headset on my friends computer, it works perfectly fine, mic and all.

Any and all help is appreciated ~~
Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
have you tried another microphone? If not try one. if a substitute works, the problem could be a broken wire requiring complete replacement.

If substitutes do not work, try the Microsoft Audio Recording Fixit. Search for trouble shooters.

Reaction score
have you tried another microphone? If not try one. if a substitute works, the problem could be a broken wire requiring complete replacement.

If substitutes do not work, try the Microsoft Audio Recording Fixit. Search for trouble shooters.
I appreciate the response~~

My mic all, while looking for trouble shooters and suggestions on other sites, I came across one that simply said to switch the audio formats a couple times and unplug/replug in the mic. For some reason it's working fine again.

But still, Thanks :D

Reaction score
I appreciate the response~~

My mic all, while looking for trouble shooters and suggestions on other sites, I came across one that simply said to switch the audio formats a couple times and unplug/replug in the mic. For some reason it's working fine again.

But still, Thanks :D

Now that you have confirmed the software problem, look for the audio recording trouble shooter to have ready for the next time it happens. My problem was with playback, not recording. Remember that the audio service is disabled in Safe Mode.

Ask a Question