Help Deleting Game Files

Reaction score
I have a few games that I have played over the years and I still have parts of the files in drive somewhere. Some of the pc games did not have an option to uninstall so I am not sure how to clear them out. Is there a way to make sure all of the files from the game are removed without there being an option to uninstall it? Some of them I cant even find, I just come across the files every now and then.

Reaction score
I've used a program that years ago was called Crap Cleaner, now is called CCleaner from www.piriform.com to clean the Registry of errant entries. It also has an uninstall feature in it that may be helpful but some files may not be deleted although they may be harmless, just taking up space.

Reaction score
Some games store game configuration information in a folder inside the Documents folder. Every game does that differently though. All my Battlefield games, Rockstar games, Games for Windows games, etc., have a separate folder in my Documents folder to store config files, screenshots, and other random info. They should be safe to delete once the game's uninstalled. They usually don't get deleted with the game in case you decide to reinstall the game.

Ask a Question