Help needed to open the file

Reaction score
cid:image001.png@

This should have a file with a list of items, coming from am= known person. Full hyperlink is not produced here. Kindly advise. My skill level is kind of low.

Reaction score
You gove very little info. But if that is an exact copy of the name of the file, delete the “@“ and then see if the file will open

Reaction score
that is all I have.

while looking MIcrosoft asked me to find an app. but a search did not yield a related app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Right click on the file and select rename. Delete everything from the @ symbol to the end, leaving cid:image001.png
Now see if it opens. Files with .png at the end are image files by the way.

Reaction score
Also try it without the cid: as in image001.png, if it's a good file should open in Photos or Windows Photo Viewer.

Reaction score
Now you have posted the full message, I would suggest the thing is a spam. It cannot possibly be an Email address
Are you able to give any more details regarding its origin? Also, what size is it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
In controlling my own false Email, I would not care to click that under any circumstances

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think there's a problem with the image attachment and that's what's causing that link - can you please try using the "attach files" button under the reply box to upload that image @Bhagat?

Ask a Question