Help! Urgently! Locked out!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Well, decided to call the Microsoft help-desk. They were very helpful and issue has been fixed.

Had to do a hard reset... removed the battery from the laptop, start it up then unpulg the power cord. Did this 3 times then it went into recovery mode which allowed me to do a system restore. All back to normal. The tech at Microsoft did say it was probably an issue with the latest update.

Hi,

I'm glad you managed to fix your PC.

Thanks for the update on how you resolved the issue. It helps everyone using the Forum to learn from other's experiences.

Now your system is working as you want this would be an excellent time to create a Recovery Disk from your own computer for future use. It'd also be a good time to create a restore point too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm glad you managed to fix your PC.

Thanks for the update on how you resolved the issue. It helps everyone using the Forum to learn from other's experiences.

Now your system is working as you want this would be an excellent time to create a Recovery Disk from your own computer for future use. It'd also be a good time to create a restore point too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Done and done! :) And thank you for your help Regedit!

Reaction score
OK,

While you are doing that you could try your luck at rebooting your PC and tapping F8 continually to see if you are one of the lucky Windows 10 users who can still get to Safe Mode the old way.

If you are lucky a screen will appear with a list of options, and all you need to do is select Safe mode

Then you can carry on with the instructions I gave you earlier.

Safe mode can't help you remove the password,you need a password reset disc.

Reaction score
OK,

So you are currently at the Login screen, not in Safe Mode. Hence the lack of Start icon or the ability to Winkey X etcetera.

As you cannot get to Desktop at the moment to run the MSCONFIG | safe boot option you'll need to do the following to get to a Safe mode.

1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
  2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

3. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

why not try some free windows password recovery tool? it's easy and fast.

The Ophcrack Windows password cracker is by far the best free Windows password recovery tool available. It's fast and easy enough for a first time Windows password cracker with a basic knowledge of Windows.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ophcrack/

iSeePassword windows password recovery tool:
works differently than the two password reset tools above, so if you have problems using them, give Kon-Boot a try. It's very, very easy to use and probably the fastest password reset, and certainly password recovery, tool available.
http://www.iseepassword.com/

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (ONTP&RE) works differently than most password recovery programs in that it erases your Windows password instead of recovering it. You can think of it as more of a Windows passwordreset tool.
https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/walkthrough.html

Reaction score
Safe mode can't help you remove the password,you need a password reset disc.

It is not true. Password reset is only one way to reset the password. If you can't make one, then you can enable the default admin account on the computer by opening command prompt at login screen. Then login with the admin account and reset password of other accounts.

Resource: http://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-10-password.html

Reaction score
OK,

Reboot to Safe Mode, then:
  • Press Winkey + X
  • Press A
That will open the Administrator: Command Prompt console to C:\WINDOWS\System32>
  • At this prompt type the following command:
net user administrator /active:yes

• Press Enter key to execute the above command
  • Type exit | press Enter key to close Administrator: Command Prompt console window
  • Now press Winkey + R to open the Run Dialog
  • Type msconfig | then click OK to open the System Configuration Dialog
  • Click on Boot tab
  • Remove the checkmark next to Safe boot, then click Apply, then click OK
  • Restart your computer

Regards,

Regedit32
Dude you have no idea how much you just helped me out I just posted something very long question and I was just looking around and flipping around and reading and you just helped me thank you red snow 99

Reaction score
why not try some free windows password recovery tool? it's easy and fast.

The Ophcrack Windows password cracker is by far the best free Windows password recovery tool available. It's fast and easy enough for a first time Windows password cracker with a basic knowledge of Windows.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ophcrack/

iSeePassword windows password recovery tool:
works differently than the two password reset tools above, so if you have problems using them, give Kon-Boot a try. It's very, very easy to use and probably the fastest password reset, and certainly password recovery, tool available,

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (ONTP&RE) works differently than most password recovery programs in that it erases your Windows password instead of recovering it. You can think of it as more of a Windows passwordreset tool.
Https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/walkthrough.html [/ QUOTE]
Thank you for your advice, hope this tool can help us to reset Windows 10 password

Ask a Question