SOLVED Hidden Icon Arrow is Missing from Taskbar

Reaction score
The arrow on the taskbar for Hidden Icons is missing. Just noticed this morning, 9.24.2016. Must have happened after most recent updates. How do I get the arrow and the icons Back?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Lizbeth5678,

Welcome to the Forum.

Right-click on Taskbar and choose Settings.

A window will open, that you need to scroll down a little to the Notification area. There are two items to click to set up icons on your taskbar. See sample image below:

Untitled.png

As you will see there are other settings you can adjust in this same window if you so choose.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Lizbeth5678,

Welcome to the Forum.

Right-click on Taskbar and choose Settings.

A window will open, that you need to scroll down a little to the Notification area. There are two items to click to set up icons on your taskbar. See sample image below:

View attachment 4027

As you will see there are other settings you can adjust in this same window if you so choose.

Regards,

Regedit32
I have a Windows 10 Tablet, and double clicking in the taskbar doesn't do anything. I solved the missing icon problem as follows :- Type Taskbar Settings into the search box, Unlock Taskbar, Click on "Select which icons appear in the taskbar", scroll down to the three Windows Explorer icons and turn them on. Restart computer and when it starts up, click on the search icon and it gives you the option of showing all icons in the taskbar. When you agree to this, all the icons you have chosen including the up-arrow will appear in the taskbar. Next time you want to add an icon, it will appear as soon as you click on it as above, with no need to restart.

Ask a Question