SOLVED Home button vanished suddenly from Edge browser

Reaction score
Hi all,

both @davehc and @Regedit32 know about the problem but for anyone else joining in.

Set in settings of Edge browser "Show Home Button", all well and good, after several weeks, the home button took a hike and has not been seen since.

Tried setting scaling; both lower and higher, tried clicking off and on again, no joy!. :(
home button 2.JPG

the spot where the home button was showing is still there but no home button!.

home button missing.JPG

Any answers on a postcard please!. :):):)

Reaction score
Thinking this might be theme related, I tried a different theme but that didn't help either!. :(:(:(

I should add that on my Intel laptop, I have the home button, the problem is with my Nvidia PC. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Ah, There you have it.
Open the Nvidia Control Panel (It is in the old Windows Control Panel), and go to "Display" - Chang resolution"
Try the "return to defaults, " initially. Otherwise, try fiddling with the resolution. Have Edge open at the same time as you apply.

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find any defaults switch Dave, where is it?. It is set to "Native":

nvidia settings.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I was looking on the left!. :p

It didn't help though as it is already set to default!. :(

Reaction score
Darn. I was able to make the Home button go blank by playing with those options.

Reaction score
It isn't really a major problem, maybe someone else has an idea?. :)

I haven't restarted my PC this morning so after adding a new theme and playing with the Nvidia default button, it may spring back to life!. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I don't think it is associated, but, I do have the nvidea features both turned off in the Taskbar startup panel.
I have found, over the past few OS releases, that Windows does a satisfactory jobs of handling the graphics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wolfie Resolution isn't your solution. IE or Fire Fox is your solution. I don't like Edge, it's like driving a smart for 2 on the freeway, it will eventually get you where your going, but it's sure a boring experience.
Edge has nothing to offer for me.

Reaction score
I think I read, earlier, that Wolfie does not actually use edge as his default. His query is how to get the home button back in Edge, however - just an annoyance.

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

both @davehc and @Regedit32 were right :), it was scaling but in the main settings manager, I forgot that I had also set the scaling there and not just in the browser. I reset scaling in System settings > System > Display to the W10 default and the button is back!.:):):)

@davehc , I do use both edge and FireFox browsers but actually prefer to use the edge browser as it is covered by Windows Defender whereas FF isn't (the smart filter thingy!). ;)

Thanks to everyone for your input and tips. :):):)

Last edited:
Reaction score
We wont get into it and divert the thread once again, But I am intending to open a new thread on browsers. Comments such as Nortons, three posts up, intrigue me.

Reaction score
A permanent solution for Wolfie
(Caveat: Requires drawing skills)
Hi Regedit32,

the only thing I'm good at drawing is my breath!. :p:p:p:p

Those markers are good but damn; it is really hard to get the ink off of the monitor afterwards!. :):):):)

Reaction score
We wont get into it and divert the thread once again, But I am intending to open a new thread on browsers. Comments such as Nortons, three posts up, intrigue me.
Hi Dave,

I would be interested to see what other browsers people are using myself as I think it might help people in different situations, for some reason, right click and open in new tab doesn't always work in Edge browser on some websites!. :)

Reaction score
Ok. No More. Having a weekend family feast. Back later. It will be interesting to see what views our members have.

Ask a Question