SOLVED Home Page

Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 10 Pro. Everything was fine until my home page changed from yahoo. to another search engine.
I had this problem in Win 8, but always manage to change it back. This time round, it seems this virus change it back again. Ive tried a few adaware but none seem to work. Now I got Adobe flash upgrade. This again I cant seem to get rid of it. I was told that I dont need any virus software as Windows 10 defender is all I need., Is this true and maynot be sufficient. Maybe this could be the problem I have. Can anybody give me some advice what to do
Ray

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My advice would be to
Click the Start Button, click all apps, click windows accessories, right click internet explorer and choose pin to taskbar, right click it again and choose pin to start.
Open Internet Explorer and set your home page to what ever you want it to be by clicking the gear icon in the top right and choosing internet options.
Likewise change your search provider order by using the manage add ons -> search providers.

Reaction score
Thank you very much my home page now sorted. I still have problems with adobe flash scam, tried most things,
And another problem I get under taskbar to open save or cancel makes no difference what option, so cancel. Changing page comes back again just a small problem, but would like to find why its doing this.
Hope you can help again with adobe
Been looking at this forum and some helpful reading
Thanks
Ray

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I still have problems with adobe flash scam, tried most things,
IDK.... I think a lot of people are reporting problems with adobe flash based sites, games, etc. Since the last Flash Update from Microsoft Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)
There was another Flash Update, which I just received today Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3133431)
You may want to check manually for Windows updates and see if you have that pending or if it has been install already.

Reaction score
Everything went back and had the same home page problem again. Looking at my control panel and I noticed that Yahoo toolbar was installed I uninstalled yahoo toolbar and bingo eveyrthing back to normal So anybody got yahoo toobar , remove it now. Thanks all

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out.
Thanks for sharing your solution.
Much appreciated.
Never liked toolbars overly much. Some of them can almost behave like malware or a browser hijacker.

Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 10 Pro. Everything was fine until my home page changed from yahoo. to another search engine.
I had this problem in Win 8, but always manage to change it back. This time round, it seems this virus change it back again. Ive tried a few adaware but none seem to work. Now I got Adobe flash upgrade. This again I cant seem to get rid of it. I was told that I dont need any virus software as Windows 10 defender is all I need., Is this true and maynot be sufficient. Maybe this could be the problem I have. Can anybody give me some advice what to do
Ray

You were hijacked. Anti Malwarebytes is a good program to remove malware that hijeacks browsers search engine and home pages. Typically if I have that happen first I go to Programs and Features in the Control and order by date. If there is something installed that I didn't install I uninstall the program. I then run AMB to clean the Malware. Also one thing I've noticed with fake Flash upgrades is will only says Flash but the real Flash updates refer to Adobe Flash.
You weren't hit by a virus you were hit by Malware which is a little different. I myself use Norton 360 and Anti MalwareBytes. I purchased an (Professional version) AMB license for like 25.00. The profession version does real time meaning it can identify a threat and block it real time. Whereas the non-professional version which is free you have to do a manual scan to remove the attacks.

Ask a Question