making google the home page

Reaction score
I am following the directions to make google my home page. I go to more, settings, custom, and press the plus button as it directs. But when I get out f the internet aad sign back in again google is not there. Why don't things work when you follow the instructions exactly???

Reaction score
I have google.ca ('cos I'm in Canada) as the home page on Chrome, Edge and Firefox (don't use IE) I did this in the browsers not in settings

Reaction score
Are you using Chrome?
If so, do you mean the page which pops up when you select the Home icon, or the page when you open the browser?

If Chrome, then, in the settings you will see this: (I'm assuming you have the home button on the top screen)

Home1.PNG

You then click the item I have arrowed, and you will open a screen, where you must type in the url of whatever page you need. In my case (google english/UK) for example, I have
https://www.google.co.uk/#cns=0

For Edge:

When you get to the point where , as you say, there is a plus button, are you first entering an address? (Enter a web address).You don't mention doing so in your post. You must also delete any that are still there, in the line above that entry.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No problems setting the desired home page in Chrome or Fire Fox.
As davehc mentioned I don't know what instructions you are following or the reference to the plus sign. You can set the home page in the Browser Tools>Options or click on the Open Menu (hamburger) top right corner > Options > General > Home Page.

Ask a Question