Making Windows 2 Go disk

Reaction score
I'd love to make a windows2go disk, but each time I try to make one on a 32 gig Sandisk USB stick it says something about removable flag bit needs flipping. WTF?
Does anyone know what's wrong please?

Reaction score
Is your Sandisk one of those ones with some unremoveable stuff from Sandisk on it? If so try another drive that doesn't have that.

Reaction score
Unremoveable stuff? I'm not entirely sure what that is. There's nothing on it if that's what you mean.

Reaction score
A couple of years back I bought a Sandisk thumb drive and it had a couple of directories of Sandisk stuff....which could not be deleted at all. Didn't take up much room but their existence appeared to make it impossible to boot from the disk. Maybe they don't do it any more but I just don't buy Sandisk any more so it matters not.

Reaction score
I used to but Sandisk, they do have a password protected directory for storing personal stuff.

Reaction score
I have some Verbatim Store & Go USB thumb drives and they have a password security protected partition for sensitive data. I like that feature if your a person on the go and use your thumb drive daily. I always stored my data on the password protect partition when I was employed. the only file the snoopers could see if they sneaked a peek was "Smile your on Candid Camera" LOL

Last edited:

Ask a Question