SOLVED Unable to save home page

Reaction score
Since installing most recent Windows Update on 6/21/17 (
2017-06 Update for Windows 10 version 1703 for x64-based systems (KB4922405)) I can no longer access my home page unless I search for it. Home page is listed in settings as well as home button on. When I first connect to internet, it opens a search page sponsored by MSN. If I go to other sites from "favorites" it takes me back to the search page sponsored by msn. I would like to get my home page back.

Reaction score
It would be helpful if you let us know what browser are you using.
What happens if you hover the mouse pointer over the home page icon on the menu bar. If set correctly it should display your home page url. it seems that MSN is set as your home. I seem to remember when I upgraded to Windows 10 that http://www.msn.com search was the default home page?

Reaction score
It would be helpful if you let us know what browser are you using.
What happens if you hover the mouse pointer over the home page icon on the menu bar. If set correctly it should display your home page url. it seems that MSN is set as your home. I seem to remember when I upgraded to Windows 10 that http://www.msn.com search was the default home page?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Norton. Using MS Edge. Home page is set in settings and saved. When I hover over the home button, all that shows up is the word "Home", no url

Reaction score
Not that familiar with Edge, but that's all you see when hovering "Home"
I'm no expert but personally I would open what you desire to be your home page. Then
open the Ctrl Panel > select Internet Options > "Create a Home page" > select (click) current tab, then click OK. Close your browser, restart the PC and open Edge again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not that familiar with Edge, but that's all you see when hovering "Home"
I'm no expert but personally I would open what you desire to be your home page. Then
open the Ctrl Panel > select Internet Options > "Create a Home page" > select (click) current tab, then click OK. Close your browser, restart the PC and open Edge again.

Norton, I reset home page in internet options, restarted. Now, when I open MS Edge, it takes me to my home page. However, if I'm on another site and click on the home button, it takes me to the MSN search page. I have deleted home page in settings, restarted, and reset home page in settings, and put the home button back. It still takes me to the MSN search page when I click the home button. Too tired to do more tonight.... thanks for trying.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The behavior of the home button in Microsoft Edge is dictated by Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Under the "Show the home button" section.
Get rid of whatever is there that is sending you to MSN when you click it. Put in whatever you want it to be and click the little save icon next to the text box

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
The behavior of the home button in Microsoft Edge is dictated by Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Under the "Show the home button" section.
Get rid of whatever is there that is sending you to MSN when you click it. Put in whatever you want it to be and click the little save icon next to the text box

View attachment 6261

Thanks Trouble, but I have done that a hundred times. I have chosen to NOT show home button, NOT select home page in advanced settings, rebooted, the come back a chose home page and show home button. Clicking the home button still opens the msn search page. The "open with" in internet options DID get changed during the windows update somehow, but is correct now.

Reaction score
Suddenly! Reset all the features and it worked. Had done this a number of times before with no results. I'm gonna leave it alone Thanks for all the replies.

Ask a Question