How can I stop my computer SCREAMING?

Reaction score
I've got WIN10, 64-bit
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

Basically, every so often, even when I've got all my programes closed (I'm watching TV or something) my computer screams/whirs very loudly and after a few minutes, it goes quiet.

When I play one specific game - the INTRO screen ALWAYS makes this noise, but when I start the main game, it goes quiet again (apart from the noises the game makes). (I'm not into games so its the only one I play)

I've thought it may be the fan, I've installed SPEEDFAN - however, it doesn't recognize any fans.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions

a) to identify what could be the cause of this noise
b) to MONITOR the cause - time/day, & if possible - any processes that cause the noise to occur. Soi can review & remember what I was doing at the time. (though being quiet & watching Tv - I'm not doing anything...)
c) to make the noise not occur.

PS

1) it's an in-built Screen/PC - its not a PC box with a separate screen.
2) I have a disability, so can't go & physically turn the Oc round / look at the back, etc.. without possible tipping the PC over & breaking it. (i do everything on the keyboard etc..)

Reaction score
Most likely your All-in-One computer has a noisy fan and kicks on periodically. Might check the power options. The All-in-Ones I've worked on were constructed with motherboards more similar to those used in Notebooks than those in Desktops, probably due to space available. And they are more difficult to work inside of besides being more heavy and getting the back off to get at the the 'innards' to change the fan.

Reaction score
In addition to the above, it might also be a failing hard disk (if there's one in there).

Ask a Question