SOLVED How do I get notepad to my app list on my desktop computer ?

Reaction score
I found notpad and got it to lower tray. Now I would like to put it on my app list so that I don't have to look at it all the time. Is there a way ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Now I would like to put it on my app list
Not exactly sure what you mean by "app list", but you can right click it and choose "Pin to start"
so that I don't have to look at it all the time
You shouldn't have to actually search for much of anything, anymore with Windows 10.....
Just click the start button and start typing notepad..... by the time you get to the "e" it'll probably already be at the top of the results, requiring only a click or a strike of the enter key on your keyboard

Last edited:
Reaction score
start, scroll down apps & folders to Windows Accessories & expand, right click notepad & pin to start (or More, pin to taskbar)

or, file explorer, Local Disk (C), Windows, System32, notepad.exe, right click, select pin to start (or pin to taskbar)

Last edited:
Reaction score
And Thank You Trouble : When I first started computing, I would click start and a list of programs would appear. I'd go down the list to the program I wanted to run. Somewhere along the line programs got changed to app's. I really don't care what they are called, just so I can bring them up when I need them. Your method works also.
I clicked Start, then search and typed in notepad and up it came. My brain is a little dull today.
Thanks again

Ask a Question