How Do I Manually Create Windows 10 Themes?

Reaction score
How do I create themes like the attached file I put on.
I have tried downloading a windows 10 theme pack, but it does not work on my laptop.
Please teach me, I am a noob.

By the way, that picture is indeed a windows 10.

Attachments

• Theme.PNG
    Theme.PNG
    451.8 KB · Views: 5,253
Reaction score
Not sure which part of that picture you are needing.

But go to the source. Try right clicking, and copying it to the desktop. Right click the picture on the desktop and select "Set as desktop background"

Reaction score
I don't even know how to change my background slide show to single to overcome the problem that has been identified by so many on Windows 10.

Reaction score
What problem(s) are you having?
I have tried the slideshow, and it worked fine, but prefer a simple picture.

Basically, you need to create a dedicated folder on your computer, and import all the pictures you will need. If you then go to settings - Personalisation - background, and select the slideshow/folder, it should work. You cannot, for some reason, use a sub folder.

Reaction score
Go to Settings then Personalize then select Themes. Select Theme settings. You will then be in the right spot. Simply click on a theme and it will automatically be applied. If you want more themes to choose from there is a link on the right side which says "Get more themes online" It is simple to go there and get them but if you need help with that just ask.

Reaction score
To put it simply, i want to add pictures to my start menu background.
I found some theme packs, but they are not compatibly with my computer.

Reaction score
To put it simply, i want to add pictures to my start menu background.
I found some theme packs, but they are not compatibly with my computer.
Here is a million really cool photos which are large enough for desktops;
http://alpha.wallhaven.cc/latest?page=60
If you already have photos go to Background in Personalization and select Picture instead of Slideshow and just below that box pick a picture or click browse. Then the Picture file pops up and you can select one from there. Simply click on it and it will be on your desktop. Before you pick one you should scroll down to the bottom and pick "Fill" if you want it to fill the entire desktop.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you notice in the OP's post he has an image in the background of what appears to be a start menu, additionally an image on an open folder as well as what seems to be overlaying the navigation pane in File Explorer.
I suspect that this is accomplished by means of some third party software product that allows you either to select images from among files stored on the local computer or comes with a custom package of theme based images to facilitate what appears to be a very interesting hack.
I don't believe his answer lies with conventional methods of changing various desktop themes.

Reaction score
If you notice in the OP's post he has an image in the background of what appears to be a start menu, additionally an image on an open folder as well as what seems to be overlaying the navigation pane in File Explorer.
I suspect that this is accomplished by means of some third party software product that allows you either to select images from among files stored on the local computer or comes with a custom package of theme based images to facilitate what appears to be a very interesting hack.
I don't believe his answer lies with conventional methods of changing various desktop themes.

Exactly!

Reaction score
There might be a way to hack into the original Windows 10 menu, to place a textured picture. No knowlege of how to do it.
If I recall, Start 10 can easily, have a custom picture to appear in the start menu background.
Classic Shell menu, can do it as well, with greater effort.
As for pictures in the Windows explorer background, gather modification of the msstyles, visual style file is required.
I saw a couple of Classic Shell posts by "mykou". Looks like the person used "vista style builder"

http://classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5502

http://classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5320&p=24186#p23230

http://www.stardock.com/products/start10/

Ask a Question