SOLVED HOW DO I TURN OFF POPUP ADS?

Reaction score
I have a new Acer E15 laptop with Windows 10. I use Google Chrome as my browser. I keep getting popup ads which come on the lower right side. How can I turn them off? They are really annoying.

Reaction score
I added Adblock Plus to Google Chrome but I am still getting the popup ads on the bottom right of the screen. Any other suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Since you mentioned Chrome in your OP I assumed that your issue was with internet ads.
NOW
I'm not sure but what you might be getting notifications from various sources.
You may want to visit those settings and turn them all off and see if that provides any peace and quiet.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You keep calling them "popups"....
Can you capture a screenshot or other such image, as to exactly what you are seeing.
I ask because you also refer to the "bottom right" of your screen, which is normally a place where you'll see informational alerts (notifications).
Which are typically generated by the system, but may also be a product of you having enable push notifications for specific sites within your browser.

To turn off system notifications...
Settings -> System -> Left Column Notifications & actions

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did the "Settings -> System -> Left Column Notifications & actions" and it seems to have worked. I haven't gotten any of the popup ads for the last few hours.

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question