SOLVED How do I uninstall metro apps?

Reaction score
I must be missing something really simple. How do I uninstall a Windows Store app?

Cheers

Alan

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically....
Right click them in the all apps menu and choose uninstall.
There are some universal apps that are an integral part of the new OS and uninstalling them is not supported.

Reaction score
Typically....
Right click them in the all apps menu and choose uninstall.
There are some universal apps that are an integral part of the new OS and uninstalling them is not supported.

Is skype on of those integral programs? When I go to programs/features to uninstall its not even on the list of programs. Is there a way to uninstall programs not listed?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope.....
Skype is generally a conventional Win32 application and should be listed (if installed), in the programs and features applet in the control panel to uninstall.
There is also "Get Skype" which is listed in the all apps menu, you should be able to simply right click that and select uninstall if you choose.
There are some additional Skype associated apps, like Translator and Skype Wifi. I don't have either of those two but they are store apps so, I would think you could likewise right click and select uninstall from the all apps menu.

Reaction score
Nope.....
Skype is generally a conventional Win32 application and should be listed (if installed), in the programs and features applet in the control panel to uninstall.
There is also "Get Skype" which is listed in the all apps menu, you should be able to simply right click that and select uninstall if you choose.
There are some additional Skype associated apps, like Translator and Skype Wifi. I don't have either of those two but they are store apps so, I would think you could likewise right click and select uninstall from the all apps menu.

Skype is installed, not listed in programs and features. Next I uninstalled 'Get Skype'. Its gone from the list of apps but still pops-up today. Did some searching and found this path: files\Microsoft office15\root\office15\lync.exe. Will this help? Didn't know Office15 existed.

Reaction score
Skype is installed, not listed in programs and features. Next I uninstalled 'Get Skype'. Its gone from the list of apps but still pops-up today. Did some searching and found this path: files\Microsoft office15\root\office15\lync.exe. Will this help? Didn't know Office15 existed.

Ask a Question