How to get button 'control center' from my taskbar?

Reaction score
Since the big aniversiry update, I sometimes get an extra button in my taskbar 'control center'. Right-click and select 'close window' does not work. How can I get rid of that thing?

control-center_zpsvsd5fvoh.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi carsten888,

I used to have a AMD Catalyst Control Center icon that would appear on my Taskbar.

To remove that I opened the program, then clicked its Preferences and removed the check next to Run System Tray icon.

I imagine you could do the same with whatever it is you have installed that creates that icon.

Just type Control Center in the search field to locate the app that opens it, then run that app, and go to its preferences and see whether there is an option there to remove a check that makes it appear on Taskbar or System Tray.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
So if you click the Control Center icon on taskbar what does it open?

Reaction score
nothing. It just sits there. rightclick shows this.

Untitled-1_zpsykrheeqq.jpg

[translation:
aan taakbalk vastmaken = add to taskbar
venster sluiten = close window]

click on hotkey does not do anything either.
I've put this on the forum of autohotkey-software. Maybe they know.

Reaction score
You might find something relevant to it in the Taskmanager/Startup tab? -Or, "taskmanger" running in the "Processes"

Regedit32

Reaction score
The autohotkey runs scripts so why not just write a script like:

#NoTrayIcon

Save as something like NoTrayIcon-Script.ahk, then use the program to make this executable.

The actual application itself has a built in variable too: A_IconHidden - It's value is set to 1 if icon is hidden, or 0 if not, so you could use that in any script you write.

You could also use the command: Menu, MenuName, Icon, MenuItemName, Filename.png,, 0
  • Assuming you know the name of the image file for icon the above command will prevent it displaying
  • Not certain but you should also be able to use a similar concept but with Shell,, 44
Anyway, as you have taken your question to the Creators forum I'll leave it there for now and if they give you a working resolution please do post back here for others to view.

Ask a Question