How to show headings in left margin of Mail window

Reaction score
Like most users I am still struggling with 10 and up until now have been using Outlook.com to get emails as I have not managed to get 10 Mail to work properly. One of the first problems I have is setting up the Mail window to show ALL the folders at once so that I can easily move from Inbox to Sent etc etc. How can I make the window appear as I wish?

Reaction score
One of the first problems I have is setting up the Mail window to show ALL the folders at once

Open the Mail app > top left, click the 3-line (hamburger) icon > all the folders will appear.
See screenshot below. Is that what you want ?

wIN10 mIAL - aLL FOLDERS.jpg

Reaction score
My mail folder does not show either the 3 line hamburger or quite a lot of other items on your screen shot. But all the folders temporarily appear on left when I pass cursor over them but I can not get them to stay displayed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, it is only there when I pass the cursor over it as are all items on the Mail page except the inbox folder. Titles of other folders and the icons at the bottom for settings, calender etc. each appear in turn as the cursor passes over them but they then vanish again after I have passed over them. Each of the folders I want like sent,trash etc. have been marked as favourites and marked as pin to but they just do not appear unless I pass the cursor over them and then click on them one by one. They then vanish again if I click on another folder.

Reaction score
I am sorry.
I don't know how to help you.
Please wait a bit for someone else to come along.
Good luck.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well I'm not a professional and I'm certainly not "from MS", so......
With that in mind have you opened the store app, click on your account picture near the top right and checked for and downloaded all App updates?
There have been several.

Ask a Question