SOLVED How to update or fix Base System Device Drive?

Reaction score
My Base System Device Driver have a yellow circle with an exclamation mark on it, may I know how to I update/fix the Base System Device Driver?
I check the Hardware Ids & this is what it shows:
find.png

I try Update driver by right click & Windows give a message said ; Windows is unable to install your Base System Device Drive. I'm afraid if I install wrong driver, it will corrupt my system then start to create a new problem.

I'm hoping anybody can assist me with this problem. Thank You.

Reaction score
Hi,

do you happen to know what device it is?. Please post a screenshot of he device manager window so we can get a better idea of what type of hardware it is!. :)

1612891991168.png

Reaction score
Yep download hardware drivers from your computer manufacture website for your particular computer. And install them per the recommendation of the manufacture of your computer

Reaction score

@BigFeet - That's usually the motherboards chipset driver.

@Clintlgm - Yep download hardware drivers from your computer manufacture website for your particular computer. And install them per the recommendation of the manufacture of your computer

Meaning I have to install/download only this one;
0000003.png

or I have to download/install all of this?
0000003b.png

Because before this (When install fresh Windows a few days ago) windows already install/update all my driver (Via Windows Update).

Previously, on my old windows, went I had a problem with driver & update/install all my driver manually (Download/Install all driver one by one via my motherboard website), via my motherboard website , then It mess up my driver & have to deal with multiple BSOD... I don't want that to happen again..

Reaction score
Download the chipset package as suggested above and use the update function in Device Manager and point it to the new file, it will either install it or reject it!. ;)

Reaction score
Yes Chipset and BIOS for sure, Never let auto driver updates happen. Download and manually install each one. Windows install's generic drivers. Your better off installing the latest recommended by your manufacture manually. Not that important for most desktops other than Chipset and BIOS and any other proprietary to your motherboard, but extremely important for notebooks.

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I have been very busy lately.

I follow everybody advice by downloading the Intel Chipset Driver ( tru my mobo website)

0000003.png

I install it, restart pc & it fixed :D

Thank You everybody for helping me, I really appreciated

Ask a Question