HP printer issue with HP laptop Win 10

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a relatively new and unused HP printer Deskjet 2600 printer approx 6 months old and when I first installed it I had no problems. As I do not really use the printer that often I unplug it and store it, but when a few months after I tried to use it I could not get it to work, so I used the old printer for the 1-page job.
I have now tried all ways again for the last week to get this printer to work with my HP Pavilion laptop, but it keeps saying it cannot install the printer driver and I have to do it manually but all I try I cannot get it installed?? I have tried factory reset on the printer, uninstall printers, uninstall drivers on the laptop, etc, etc!!

I have researched the internet and there seems to have been an issue with Windows 10 update at sometime recently, so does anyone know if this applies to my problems and if so which one is it so I could try to uninstall it??
Or any other solution would be great..

HP printer Deskjet 2600 printer.
HP Pavilion laptop.

TIA an irritated HP user :)

Ask a Question