Windows 10 printer issues

Reaction score
Once again, Windows 10 updated and my printer won't work! HP Photosmart 7510. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and have all updated compatible drivers. Test page works fine. It is set as my default printer and when I send something to the printer it shows something in the queue, but IT WON'T PRINT! I'm not a computer expert, but I can follow directions that make sense to me. The procedure above is what I have done each of the MANY times that windows 10 updates and makes my printer useless. Each time it has worked, although last time I had to use hp printer remote. This time printer remote shows my printer as ready. This time it is not working! Any suggestions? I am losing my patience with windows 10!

Reaction score
I'm using the latest version Downloaded from HP, not sure what it is. I uninstalled and reinstalled again, now when I send something to the printer it doesn't show up at all!

Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled again and now when I send something to the printer, once again it says it's in the queue and that it's printing. But it's not printing! Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Reaction score
Yes, I have used HP print and scan doctor. I played around some more and was able to print a page so I thought the issue had been resolved. but it still says document in queue and printing, but it's not printing. I cleared the printer spooler while I was playing around and I thought maybe that helped, but I guess not. The one page that I was able to print was in much larger type than normal.

Reaction score
In Device Manager, do you have more than 1 printer listed? If so, check each one to see if it is working correctly.
The reason I say that is when I went to 1607 from 1511, windows said that my HP printer driver had been uninstalled because it was incompatible ( even though it was still listed in Programs & Features ).But when I went to Dev Mngr there were 2 listings and 1 said No Driver Installed but the other said it was working correctly so I went to Printers and Faxes and right clicked my printer icon and it gave me a choice of network printer or another one and I chose the network printer which worked just fine.
HTH

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@beach bum

Try this.

On the Windows explorer copy and paste this
Code:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers

It should open the Devices and Printers dialogue.

Now select the printer you have installed, right click and select Set as default printer

defaultprinters.PNG

You should receive a warning from Windows.

warn.PNG

Press OK.

That should be it, and you should be able to print to your printer as you expect.

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post my problem. I have EPSON WF-2510 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax which worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 10 (64bit) from Windows 7. I have updated all the latest drivers from Epson, still the printer does not work. But the scanner and copier work just fine.

I often need to print airline tickets and such and not having a functioning printer is very frustrating. I have talked to the maintenance people at Epson, but there is nothing they can do.

Help.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Hi @Iseeking Welcome to the forums.

My advice is read the post above yours and try it.

Reaction score
Once again, Windows 10 updated and my printer won't work! HP Photosmart 7510. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and have all updated compatible drivers. Test page works fine. It is set as my default printer and when I send something to the printer it shows something in the queue, but IT WON'T PRINT! I'm not a computer expert, but I can follow directions that make sense to me. The procedure above is what I have done each of the MANY times that windows 10 updates and makes my printer useless. Each time it has worked, although last time I had to use hp printer remote. This time printer remote shows my printer as ready. This time it is not working! Any suggestions? I am losing my patience with windows 10!

Hi Beach Burn,

you need to completely remove any trace of your printer and download and use this file:

https://www.support.hp.com/us-en/dr...7510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-c311/5070118

DO NOT ATTACH THE PRINTER BEFORE YOU ARE ASKED TO! (I also have an HP printer and did the same for my model!).

Grizzly pasted the same link above!. :cool:

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post my problem. I have EPSON WF-2510 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax which worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 10 (64bit) from Windows 7. I have updated all the latest drivers from Epson, still the printer does not work. But the scanner and copier work just fine.

I often need to print airline tickets and such and not having a functioning printer is very frustrating. I have talked to the maintenance people at Epson, but there is nothing they can do.

Help.

Hi Iseeking,

you need to download the following files from here and install them in order:

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pr...NN3EopbCsN25xoTAT1JhEXdRcsaCYiqizm4U003D&tc=6

Epson Software Updater 4.40
Epson Universal Printer Driver 2.76.1
Epson Scan 3.792

and other other packages you might need below that list!. :D

REMOVE ALL TRACES OF YOUR PRINTER FROM THE SYSTEM FIRST!, ;)

Ask a Question