Printers/Devices applett mission icons

Reaction score
My printers/Devices icons are missing from the printers/devices folder, yet, if I go to settings, it shows the printers installed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers and still no icon showing in the printers/Devices. My keyboard and mouse icons are missing as well.

I've attached a screen shot of what it is suppose to look like.

I've already went to device manager and looked for the manual setting and it looks like they are set to what they should be.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Butch

Attachments

• blank.JPG
    blank.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 178
  • devices.JPG
    devices.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 178
Reaction score
I might add that the icons for Drivers/Printers folder are smaller till you click on one of them they the one that you clicked
one will appear larger at the bottom of the screen.

Attachments

• small.JPG
    small.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 173

Regedit32

Reaction score
Interesting issue you had there.

I'm curious as to what affected the Registry in the first place, for you to need to add Devices and Printers to This PC in order for the installed devices icons to appear via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

Re using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Registry tweak you found, that boils down to whether you are Running Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit. The additional key you added needs to be situated inside the Registry to reflect the architecture of your Windows OS.

Whatever you ended up doing it somehow refreshed that blank window and your devices are now listed, but you do not need to display Devices and Printers under This PC to achieve this.

Anyway, nice one for getting things the way you wanted.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I don't know what caused the icons to disappear in the first place, I suspect during one of the Win 10 updates
M$ broke something as they sometimes do. The display Devices/Printers under This PC I found to be another way to access my printer que in case I wanted to stop printing or whatever or just another access to any Devices/Printers. It could also of been when I used CC cleaner
and maybe it wiped a registry file that should of not been removed. The icons are smaller but when I click on one of them it is enlarged at the bottom of the screen. As they say here in the south.....Dems de grits. :)

Ask a Question