Printers printing just lines or nothing at all

Reaction score
Hi. Am pulling my hair out after two days of trying to sort this. Everything been fine then I went to turn laptop on two days ago and it went flat, I plugged it in , it started back up and said it was doing updates, ( Altho if I try to undo an update it says I can’t as it was ten days ago but it was only two days ago ) now when I try to print on two different printers from word it just throws a blank page out, and when try to do a report on sage I just get lots of lines and no data, on both printers, one is WiFi and ink and one is cable and laser, Have deleted one printer, reinstalled and re done the drivers, still the same, have turned off and back on laptop and printers, still the same. Please help. The printers are still showing and I have also done the trouble shoot and it says all is fine.

Reaction score
I've seen where power problems cause such issues, sometimes removing and replacing the cartridges then doing the aligning or cleaning fixes the issues. Unplugging the power from both units and the connecting cords may help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Most modern printers support printing various diagnostic reports as well as a sample / test page from an on board panel.
Can you confirm that both your printers can perform those tasks without using any computer?

Can you advise as to which version and build of Windows 10 you are having this issue with?

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I've seen where power problems cause such issues, sometimes removing and replacing the cartridges then doing the aligning or cleaning fixes the issues. Unplugging the power from both units and the connecting cords may help.
Hi. The prob is it is on both the inkjet and laser at the same time and appears after when the laptop Re started it said it was doing windows update on a blue screen. Word does blank documents. Sage does the lines on a report but no text. Really strange.

Reaction score
Most modern printers support printing various diagnostic reports as well as a sample / test page from an on board panel.
Can you confirm that both your printers can perform those tasks without using any computer?

Can you advise as to which version and build of Windows 10 you are having this issue with?

View attachment 10459
Hi. Just off to work so will try look at the menu on my return and also will check the windows version. Thank you

Reaction score
Hi. Just off to work so will try look at the menu on my return and also will check the windows version. Thank you
Just did a quick look at the laser and couldn’t find any print tests but found where I could do a main menu map and it has printed that fine so the prob is with the laptop somehow. Will look at version later.

Reaction score
Hi. Am pulling my hair out after two days of trying to sort this. Everything been fine then I went to turn laptop on two days ago and it went flat, I plugged it in , it started back up and said it was doing updates, ( Altho if I try to undo an update it says I can’t as it was ten days ago but it was only two days ago ) now when I try to print on two different printers from word it just throws a blank page out, and when try to do a report on sage I just get lots of lines and no data, on both printers, one is WiFi and ink and one is cable and laser, Have deleted one printer, reinstalled and re done the drivers, still the same, have turned off and back on laptop and printers, still the same. Please help. The printers are still showing and I have also done the trouble shoot and it says all is fine.
I have seen this happen many times when power issues or ISP issues and for some reason your Time/date is wrong. That will cause mega issue that, means lots of WTF, is going on. suggest you check your time/date and if it continues check you internal 3.5vt flat battery which maintains BIOs with takes care of time/date. Plus your printer(s) issue seems like a very corrupt OS. you might try a repair install, then see if that fixes. the issue. if repair does not fix then i suggest you do a full (100% corruption Fix).
script for alost all corruption as outlined by MS Techs make a bat and run as admin.
I use that BAT file on all clients prior to letting MS do any updates/upgrade.
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
rmdir /s /q c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc