I am dsiappointed and at the same time ..........

Reaction score
Not too long ago, there was a forum ( name withheld ) which was highly regarded with a treasure trove of Tutorials.
The tutorials are still of high quality, but the ethic appears to be disintegrating.
I am disappointed when the owner of that forum actually posted the links to download a LEAKED Win 10 TP Build. And members are openly discussing and exchanging tips and tricks.
Perhaps that is the sign of the said forum on way to self-destruct ?
Or perhaps I am out of date and out of touch with 21st Century ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think you're out of touch. It does seem though that the ethics and values of the populace are changing and I consider it a change for the worse. People like Snowden who are given high level security clearances, access to highly sensitive information and then decide to make a public disclosure which has the potential to damage our security, image and put lives at risk. And there are a lot of people who regard him as some kind of hero when, in fact, he should be shot. Then there is the soldier Manning who turned over a bunch of secrets to WikiLeaks, got courts martialed, sentenced to prison and is now demanding the taxpayer foot the bill to change his gender to female. He also should have been shot. Every day there are news reports citing information provided by someone who wants to remain anonymous because they are not authorized to talk about the subject. Our president wants to grant immunity to several million illegal aliens who have shown a blatant disregard for our laws. Leaking and pirating computer software is just a minute symptom of a much more widespread disregard for honesty and integrity. Sad to see the direction our country is headed.

Reaction score
I know the forum, David. I entirely agree. I) am currently heading towards the black list over there! And, no, imho, you are definitely not out of touch. Quite the opposite.

Leaks seem to be prolific, as you say.

My main beef was the wandering of thread subject. I was censored for posting a quite innocent, but slightly "blue" picture. Yet one liners and other offences go unheeded. I queried this, and, at the same time, asked if the moderators were sufficient or, even competent. Other senior members told me , quote" to shut up and not spoil the fun or I would get a bad name.
Members drift off threads on all forums. This is not important if it is a "one off". But ion that forum, it is extreme, to the extent that it is now worthless as a source of information or discussion. It is, in fact, only a chatbox.
As an example (of many):
The thread title is " Windows 10 build 10056 has leaked ".
Consider how long this leak has been available. There are currently 360 posts in this thread. Of these, and I could be corrected, some 300 are brief comments and one liners (against there own rules). here are a couple, taken at random, "Cheap skate" and "It's called business. "
How can one plough through rubbish like that, in order to extract anything useful!

But, we still have a couple of forums where the self discipline is more evident (You belong to both), so, worse case, I might consider staying out of that one, although I have been a member of its sister forums for many years.

Ask a Question