I can see my desktop folders through browser screens on Windows 10

Reaction score
Is this a known issue with the operating system (Windows 10)? It's distracting and if it's supposed to be trendy, cute or clever, I'm not liking it. The "see through" effect is opaque and worse on pages such as Olark Chat that I use in business, with the desktop showing most prominently through the light blue band at the top of the Olark admin screen, and, in the realm of general software, Windows 10's WordPad, also light blue, is an annoying "see-through" interface, too.

Hearts of Space, streaming music, with a black background, isn't see-through (as another example).

On a side note, I just noticed that the horizontal task bar at the bottom of my screen also is see through when I move a browser screen down and partially under the bar. This makes sense - seeing through browser and software screens does not.

There are no viruses on this machine. And I clear the browser cache regularly in addtion

The issue occurs on my 4-month-old HP laptop with 16 gigs of RAM and 15-inch screen. Please advise. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's actually your screen itself.. I have it too. I guess I carried my laptop too much around so now the screen is pretty loose and I have to adjust it each time I open my laptop, hoping I get it fixed each time. I'm going to buy a new laptop now, sucks but idk how to replace a ******* screen... I suggest buying one with a strong skelet

Ask a Question