SOLVED Want to copy my desktop win7 programs and folders to my laptop win 10

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are probably any number of methods to accomplish this, from Easy Transfer cables, to network, to removing the hard disk and attaching it to the other machine.
I typically just copy the files off to an External USB drive and plug that drive into the second machine and put them where I want.
As an aside...... copying programs will not actually make them work, they will have to be installed on the Windows 10 machine so as to register their respective components with the Windows Registry.

Reaction score
There are probably any number of methods to accomplish this, from Easy Transfer cables, to network, to removing the hard disk and attaching it to the other machine.
I typically just copy the files off to an External USB drive and plug that drive into the second machine and put them where I want.
As an aside...... copying programs will not actually make them work, they will have to be installed on the Windows 10 machine so as to register their respective components with the Windows Registry.
I take back the programs things, I will only copy folders. I googled Easy Transfer Cables and it looks good to me. Thank you very much Noob Whisperer, the tread is solved. Thank you Windows10Forums.
One thing though, removing the hard disc and attaching it would not be copying would it.

Ask a Question