SOLVED I don't want my desktop portable

Reaction score
Help. I just upgraded my wife's PC to Windows 10 after having upgraded my own machine previously. Well, my wallpaper showed up on her desktop so she reset it and her changes appeared on my machine. Yikes! Yes, both machines are logged into Microsoft the same way because my wife wants anonymity so appears as me. That's good for me. But how can I keep Microsoft from copying files back and forth. And God forbid should I view or save something my wife doesn't approve of, (I don't want it appearing on her machine. That could cause a little bit of raised hackles. Drat! I just want my PC to stay the way I set it and I don't want it following me all over the web. Can anyone offer a solution that still lets me stay logged in to both PCs? TIA

Reaction score
Why are you using a Microsoft account? Just use a local account on each machine. But why do you want to stay logged in on both machines?

Reaction score
Why are you using a Microsoft account? Just use a local account on each machine. But why do you want to stay logged in on both machines?
When the machine reboots after a power outage, which here is daily, then it's the only login it will accept. How do I tell it not to login to Microsoft but local instead, at that point?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can anyone offer a solution that still lets me stay logged in to both PCs? TIA
You could simply turn off your Sync Settings.....
Start Button -> Settings -> Accounts -> Left Column "Sync your settings"
Just slide them to the left to turn them off.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up.
Any other problems.......? you know where to find us.

Ask a Question