I have a USB conflict after win10 installation

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I installed win 10 via the update. Once done this booted into Win10 and all looked ok. Switched the PC on the next day and would not boot up. After many frustrating hours I managed to get the PC to boot up but only after unplugging ALL USB devices. I've updated all device drivers where applicable but could still only boot up with nothing plugged in. Had to roll back to win8.1 in the end as could not resolve this. Anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anyone else had similar issues?
Personally, only one time and I narrowed it down to a particular Seagate 1 or 2 terabyte (don't remember the size or exact model name) external USB hard drive with its' own power supply and it seemed to be a unique issue with a single model HP desktop (don't remember the specs on it either.... I was helping a friend and the machine didn't belong to either of us).
Never did figure out why or what the heck was causing it, just left it unplugged and the machine booted every time. Plug it in and it fails to boot.
After the machine was up and running you could plug it in and the external drive worked fine, just wouldn't boot with it attached.

Ask a Question