I have to keep putting in my Password

Reaction score
I have already unchecked "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer." but it keeps making me put in my password each morning.

On the Power Options I put NEVER on both things, but every morning when I wake up it has the screen telling me to log in with my password.

I noticed that on the User Accounts it says

Local Account
Administrator
Password protected

....with no option to change it. On the Standard account it is grayed out and won't allow me to tick it.

Can anybody help me please? I don't want to have to put in a password every day this way.

Reaction score
Since windows 8....it's is required to signed in to your PC with a "username" and "password". But there is a work around...using netplwiz.

http://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/how-to-bypass-windows-10-password-and-automatically-login.html

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/automatically-log-in-to-your-windows-10-pc/

Thanks so much. I tried that one but it didn't work for me and |I accidentally figured out how to do it after doing a system restore:

How to get rid of having to put in a password when your computer wakes from sleep every morning

Control Panel/All Control Panel Items/User Accounts/Make changes to my account in PC settingsAccounts/Sign-in Options/Never

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So I'm a bit confused....are you talking about logging into your computer when the PC is first turned on or when waking from sleep/hibernate which requires user password?

Netpliz is for first signing into computer when your first turn it on....it works by entering user name and password as outlined in link I provided.

If you just want to have your PC resume from sleep mode or hibernate mode with out entering password....what you described above is how you do that.

Is this a MS account or local account.

Reaction score
The default is to ask for a password. Previous versions of Windows would just automatically "uncheck" the checkbox when there was only one user account and it had no password, but Windows 10 wants to show you the lockscreen, either for security or for usability.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks Guys.

Well all of a sudden this morning when I woke up it did NOT require a Password, finally! I just hope that it stays this way.

Actually, it was doing it BOTH when logging into my computer when the PC is first turned on AND when waking from sleep/hibernate which requires user password,

Then all of a sudden yesterday when I did the thing I described to make it stop doing that when it is hibernating and I first wake up in the morning requiring a password, I looked and there were TWO instances of my Administrator Account, asking for my password. And on the second one, it would automatically be there telling me I had put in an incorrect password, when I hadn't even tried putting in a password as of yet (weird!). I haven't yet tried restarting my computer to see if that part is still there or not.

Reaction score
Well, I just checked and when I restart my computer it is still making me put my password in and doing that weird thing of telling me my password was incorrect before I even try to put in a password. It does that automatically.

So I went to "My Accounts" and noticed that under my Administrator Account it says:

Local Account
Administrator Account

It is very confusing at this point.

Another thing its been doing lately is my email just crashes when I am on a page online, just out of the blue. And also when I click to do things it won't do anything. I have to click stuff over and over sometimes. Then it will start working right... then suddenly not. I am not sure if this is related or not to the logging in thing. Like maybe my email crashes because it is confused about my identity.

At this point, I really am not sure if I am using a Microsoft thing or local thing. But I hate the Microsoft account for different reasons. I hate having to try to remember the password and I hate the Cortana thing too. It makes me feel as if they are trying to spy on everything I do. So I try to avoid the Microsoft account thing.

Another thing is that not long ago all of a sudden the little blue circle thing would keep on spinning around and around and never stop till finally I had to do a full system restore. Frankly I am getting really sick of all this password nonsense. And the Administrator this and that and having to get permission for everything. Which I think is silly since all I have to do to get it anyway is just click continue or whatever. This is MY computer but it makes me feel like its theirs LOL! and that I have to get their permission to even do anything on it. I am in my own home with my own computer but they make me feel as if I have to be afraid of my own self having access to my own computer LOL! They just really overdo it with this Security thing.

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So I went to "My Accounts" and noticed that under my Administrator Account it says:

Local Account
Administrator Account

It is very confusing at this point.

Go to "new notifications" tab in notification area of taskbar...symbol just after clock, click that and select "all settings", then click accounts, on that window it will show you if your logged in with a MS account (which is a MS email address) stating it's an "administrator" account. See mine.

account.PNG

With using a MS account, despite all of the so called "Big Brother" spying attributes....your OS will have limited functionality, especially with a lot of the apps. It's better to us a MS account to sign in with.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What it sounds like to me, is that your system has become compromised in some fashion. Either by a virus or some kind of malware/spyware or rootkit/trojan. You should check your system with the following:

Malwarebytes Pro - free trial
SuperAntiSpyware - free
Norton Power Eraser - free
AdwCleaner - free

Then do a full Scan with "Windows Defender" for any Virus that may be lurking and it wouldn't hurt to use a free "Online" virsus scanner....I like Eset Online scanner

Reaction score
Go to "new notifications" tab in notification area of taskbar...symbol just after clock, click that and select "all settings", then click accounts, on that window it will show you if your logged in with a MS account (which is a MS email address) stating it's an "administrator" account. See mine.

View attachment 3693

With using a MS account, despite all of the so called "Big Brother" spying attributes....your OS will have limited functionality, especially with a lot of the apps. It's better to us a MS account to sign in with.

Okay I made an attachment with screen shots of my two accounts so you can see what it says.... I had created the second account yesterday for fear my Administrator account might start not allowing me in or something.... just as a precaution.

Attachments

• account administrator.jpg
    account administrator.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 526
  • account other.jpg
    account other.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 522
Reaction score
What it sounds like to me, is that your system has become compromised in some fashion. Either by a virus or some kind of malware/spyware or rootkit/trojan. You should check your system with the following:

Malwarebytes Pro - free trial
SuperAntiSpyware - free
Norton Power Eraser - free
AdwCleaner - free

Then do a full Scan with "Windows Defender" for any Virus that may be lurking and it wouldn't hurt to use a free "Online" virsus scanner....I like Eset Online scanner

Okay I will try that. But once you have done a system restore shouldn't that remove any sort of malware or viruses? I just did a system restore yesterday. It seems to have stopped with the not being able to click on stuff problem, at least. Except this morning or last night, Can't remember now, the email thing crashed. But it seems to have stopped doing that now. It seems like my computer is having an identity crisis LOL! Like I confused it now.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
First attachment showing "administrator" account.....it's not an an "admin" account....it clearly shows it as a local account. 2nd attachment; I can't tell as it cut off.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
But once you have done a system restore shouldn't that remove any sort of malware or viruses?
No...that just takes the PC back to a point in time. It' doesn't remove any malware/spyware/virus's. If we are talking about using a restore point.

A complete system restore, under the recovery tab in "Update/Security" tab .... allows for resetting the PC with or with out keeping your files, which may or may not remove any infectiions. The only true way is a complete format and reinstall of the OS.

Reaction score
No...that just takes the PC back to a point in time. It' doesn't remove any malware/spyware/virus's. If we are talking about using a restore point.

A complete system restore, under the recovery tab in "Update/Security" tab .... allows for resetting the PC with or with out keeping your files, which may or may not remove any infectiions. The only true way is a complete format and reinstall of the OS.
That means doing the setting it back to factory default?

Reaction score
First attachment showing "administrator" account.....it's not an an "admin" account....it clearly shows it as a local account. 2nd attachment; I can't tell as it cut off.
I just got rid of the second account to make things less complicated.

I had assumed the other account with the picture was an administrator account since when I tried to do various things on the second account it kept trying to get me to 'get permission' from the other account with the picture.

Reaction score
I attached another file... see? I am still having to put in my password, even though it is unchecked where it says that users have to have a password. I just tried it again

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 499

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I attached another file... see? I am still having to put in my password, even though it is unchecked where it says that users have to have a password. I just tried it again
I'm still unclear of you're using a MS account or not....You need to! Yes...creating another local account does generate "Permissions" request from the "Primary Admin" account.

I'm still unsure if you're wanting to do this from a cold start or from coming out of sleep mode.

Once that box is unticked you have to restart.

Ask a Question