I have to keep putting in my Password

Reaction score
I'm still unclear of you're using a MS account or not....You need to! Yes...creating another local account does generate "Permissions" request from the "Primary Admin" account.

I'm still unsure if you're wanting to do this from a cold start or from coming out of sleep mode.

Once that box is unticked you have to restart.

Why is it that when I follow the directions on how to have an Administrator Account and in the cmd thing I put in net user administrator /active:yes ---it tells me "Access is denied"? See attachment

I never had this trouble before when I was trying to activate the Administrator account

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 468
Reaction score
Claudia; any success o the great "I don't want to use a password" search?
Selfish of me ti ask but I've been trying to get rid of the PW requirement every since I started Win10-sigh

Reaction score
Claudia; any success o the great "I don't want to use a password" search?
Selfish of me ti ask but I've been trying to get rid of the PW requirement every since I started Win10-sigh
Dusty, Not even a bit selfish of you, I know the frustration, believe me!

So far all I have managed to do is turn my account into an Administrator Account by using the Microsoft Account email. Then I changed the password to the PIN Number option. It is lots easier to use a 4-letter PIN Number than a password, at least. Let me see if I can message you, and if I can, then I will give you my email address, and if you give me yours as well, then whenever I DO get this solved, I will tell you how I did it.

Reaction score
Since windows 8....it's is required to signed in to your PC with a "username" and "password". But there is a work around...using netplwiz.

https://www.uukeys.com/bypass-windows-7-8-10-password.html

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/automatically-log-in-to-your-windows-10-pc/

Your computer will bypass the log-in page when you turn on your PC, but it will not bypass the login page when you unlock your PC. You can also change your sign-in options so that Windows will never require you to sign in after your PC wakes from sleep by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

Ask a Question